Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

On 5/29/2020 at 8:53 AM, Walrus08 said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): OT- Western, Mac, UofT, Queen's, Dalhousie, Alberta PT- Western & Queen's
Accepted: OT- Alberta, UofT
Waitlisted: OT- Western (upper third), Mac (#2 spot which means a probable acceptance!), Dalhousie PT- Western & Queen's
Rejected: OT- Queen's

GPA: c-gpa 3.75 and s-gpa 3.82
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: 
-Strength and Conditioning Coach (NSCA-CPT) at a Rehabilitation Facility 
-Volunteer at a Senior's Exercise centre
-Volunteer leading an exercise program for Seniors

-Volunteer at a Children's Movement Program
-Volunteer at a Spinal Cord Rehabilitation Centre
-Student Athletic Therapist
-T-ball and Soccer Instructor for kids aged 2-5

Congratulations everyone! I'll be making some decisions between Mac, U of T and Western for OT! 

UPDATE: 

Applied + (PT or OT?): OT- Western, Mac, UofT, Queen's, Dalhousie, Alberta PT- Western & Queen's
Accepted: OT- Alberta, UofT, Mac PT- Queen's
Waitlisted: OT- Western (upper third), Dalhousie PT- Western 

I have firmly accepted McMaster OT and I'm so excited for the fall!

4 minutes ago, Walrus08 said:

UPDATE: 

Accepted: OT- Alberta, UofT, Mac PT- Queen's
Waitlisted: OT- Western (upper third), Dalhousie PT- Western 

I have firmly accepted McMaster OT and I'm so excited for the fall!

Congratulations on accepting Mac! Did they contact you via email? And how long did you have to respond?

On 5/29/2020 at 9:43 AM, Psyched4OTPT said:

Accepted to Dal OT (NS applicant), Mac PT

Waitlisted to Mac OT (#13), Queens PT, and both Western PT and OT

sGPA - 3.83 cGPA - 3.78 (from ORPAS)

Going to have to make some tough decisions between OT/PT... I’m leaning towards Mac OT granted I move off the waitlist... does anyone know how much movement Mac sees? I feel like #13 is pretty high up there... what do you guys think?

**UPDATE** I got off the waitlist for Queens PT and Mac OT. Ultimately decided to accept Mac OT which I am super excited about. 

Side note - I accepted Dal OT incase nothing from Ontario worked out and the deposit was only 200$ so not the end of the world. I will be emailing them telling them that I will not be in attendance this fall so that should open up some room on the waitlist! 

20 hours ago, OTsoontobe said:

I am #34 on the waitlist and anxiously waiting! Mac is also my first choice! Have you heard anything from them yet?

I haven't! Been checking my emails. Perhaps those notified so far from waitlist need to respond by certain date and after that date, they'll move down the list again.

Good luck, don't lose hope! :)

Can someone who has accepted Mac OT explain to me how I pay the 500$ deposit... I know it's on mosaic student portal... should I click the "make a payment" option or is there something for specific for the deposit? Also, my offer still says pending... will the deposit option only become available when the offer turns to conditional? Any help is very much appreciated either in response to this or shoot me a private msg. Thanks!!!

19 hours ago, macOT2020! said:

Anyone know if there's a facebook group for mac OT yet? I couldn't find one. Also, I'm looking for a female roommate so msg me if interested!

I emailed the program coordinator asking about this (and if I could make one), she said that the second year student council always puts one together and should be made as soon as provisional/waitlisted acceptances are solidified :)

I am also looking for roommate(s), but not entirely sure about my living situation for the fall. So tricky with all the unknowns! 

4 hours ago, Psyched4OTPT said:

Can someone who has accepted Mac OT explain to me how I pay the 500$ deposit... I know it's on mosaic student portal... should I click the "make a payment" option or is there something for specific for the deposit? Also, my offer still says pending... will the deposit option only become available when the offer turns to conditional? Any help is very much appreciated either in response to this or shoot me a private msg. Thanks!!!

I have to same question. I’m not sure if we are supposed to wait for the fee to pop up or pay regardless... It just said in my email to pay the $500 deposit

On 6/15/2020 at 8:59 PM, Sarah mogh said:

Hi all,

I have a question. I wonder if it is ok to apply for OT and PT programs at the same time in the same school. Do you think it would be ok for the committee to know we apply for both? 

They don't mind I got into both OT/PT at UOttawa, they did not mind

11 hours ago, OT06 said:

I have to same question. I’m not sure if we are supposed to wait for the fee to pop up or pay regardless... It just said in my email to pay the $500 deposit

Can someone help!! No email reply yet from admissions and my offer expires tonight at midnight I just have no idea what to do about this 500$ deposit fee