Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

3 hours ago, OTOT-2020 said:

Does anyone know if a second round of waitlist offers for Queens OT has been sent out or if it will be going out after the 21st? 

I believe the Queen’s med school waitlist applicants heard back once a week, so I would imagine that for OT they might send out another batch of acceptances this Saturday (1 week since the first round of waitlist offers) or on the morning of the 22nd

5 hours ago, Psyched4OTPT said:

Can someone help!! No email reply yet from admissions and my offer expires tonight at midnight I just have no idea what to do about this 500$ deposit fee

Hey! You can pay the fee on Mosaic without waiting for it to show up. They said it will take time to show up and if you want to pay now you can. The deadline to pay is July 31st

8 hours ago, ptapps said:

Just received an email that I got off the waitlist (upper third) for WESTERN PT (first choice) and will be happily accepting! Also Queens waitlist will move up. Best of luck :) 

PS. This is my second year applying so if you don't get in, try again cause things will work out.

6 hours ago, KforOT said:

No! I'm thinking they'll really wait until end of June like their email said :(

this would make me so sad :((( that basically means we'd have to decline a current provisional offer elsewhere if we still wanted a chance at going to uoft? seems pretty unfair :(

8 hours ago, ptapps said:

Just received an email that I got off the waitlist (upper third) for WESTERN PT (first choice) and will be happily accepting! Also Queens waitlist will move up. Best of luck :) 

PS. This is my second year applying so if you don't get in, try again cause things will work out.

Congrats! I was wondering if you did anything to improve your application for the second time applying? I'm on a waitlist at Mac right now, but am debating options (doing an MKin or getting more experience) for next application (if need be). 

On 6/4/2020 at 6:55 AM, PTplssss said:

I just found this forum now wow! Best of luck to everyone in the fall, regardless of what you end up doing :) 

Is anyone declining their UofT PT offer? Its been my 1st choice for about a year now and Im waitlisted :( Im just wondering if there is still hope? Not sure how the waitlist works at UofT... I didnt get a rank or anything. 

Im on the same boat for OT. Fingers crossed for us. 

56 minutes ago, PTplssss said:

I emailed Sarah asking if they would contact applicants off the waitlist on the weekend! She hasn't replied yet.

oh cool! Thanks! one of my friend have emailed too after June 12 but still didnt receive a reply back. Hope they release the waitlist soon.. it’s getting on my nerves :’( 

For anyone on Mac’s PT waitlist, I emailed them yesterday asking when we can expect them to contact us and they replied  “We have not released any offers to applicants on the waitlist at this time. If a spot becomes available for you, you will be contacted within the next couple of weeks” 

I just firmly accepted my UWO PT offer. I had a question, do I have to send them my transcripts again? I sent them originally when I applied via ORPAS in January and since I finished school in December, I am unsure if they even require a second copy of my transcript. I tried emailing their admission email but still no reply. Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Lina said:

For anyone on Mac’s PT waitlist, I emailed them yesterday asking when we can expect them to contact us and they replied  “We have not released any offers to applicants on the waitlist at this time. If a spot becomes available for you, you will be contacted within the next couple of weeks” 

I wonder if that means that all spots are full right now or if they haven’t gotten around to sending additional offers out to those on the waiting list, definitely makes me nervous