Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

41 minutes ago, PTapplican said:

Has anyone heard from Queens waitlist lately?

I'm wondering the same thing. I have not, but people have said that with Med school waitlist offers, they were released in waves every week so I'm wondering if Saturday there might be some more movement (due to provisional offers expiring on the 21st)?

1 hour ago, PTapplican said:

Has anyone heard from Queens waitlist lately?

23 minutes ago, PTTTTTl9987 said:

I'm wondering the same thing. I have not, but people have said that with Med school waitlist offers, they were released in waves every week so I'm wondering if Saturday there might be some more movement (due to provisional offers expiring on the 21st)?

I just emailed the admissions office and they said they are still contacting applicants from the waitlist! 

2 hours ago, David23 said:

for those that were accepted to western PT, are your statuses in western student centre show up as only "accepted offer"? I accepted my offer quite a long time ago and was wondering when it would switch to "admitted." thanks!

I got into Western as well and went there for my undergrad so I know the student center portal well. I believe it says that until the deposit/first instalment is paid! I remember it saying similar things when I was admitted to my undergrad so it isn't anything to worry about!

On 6/24/2020 at 12:06 PM, OT06 said:

Hey, for those who were originally waitlisted for McMaster and accepted their offer, has your mosaic changed from pending to final offer? I accepted my offer over a week ago but mine still says pending. 

Hey - mine also still says pending even though I have firmly accepted, submitted final transcripts and paid the deposit so I'm not sure why the status hasn't changed!

4 hours ago, David23 said:

for those that were accepted to western PT, are your statuses in western student centre show up as only "accepted offer"? I accepted my offer quite a long time ago and was wondering when it would switch to "admitted." thanks!

I just finished first year in the PT program and my status is still “accepted offer”, so it won’t change, don’t worry. Once you’ve accepted the offer and got that green circle, you are good to go!

8 hours ago, PT PT PT said:

Hi guys, 

Just wondering if someone can help answer my question for the next enrolment cycle. How do full year courses work? Does it depend when your marks are released? Since grades are considered up until December, would the grade still be considered?

Thanks!

Only courses completed by December is counted so if you take a full year course, they'll just take more than 2.5 worth of credits from your second-year to calculate your sub-gpa. Just make sure in your application to select send transcript after fall grades are released so all your marks are included.

On 6/23/2020 at 5:48 PM, fychu said:

Hi oohtea,

I am also an international applicant for UBC OT, just wondering when did you receive the interview result.

Still no letters yet, so anxiously waiting...

I received the offer through email on 17/6, 7 days after my interview.

The deadline to accept/decline is 30/6 so I suppose they’ll notify the waitlisted ones then! Good luck.

Okay so this isn't a program question but an OSAP one. If anyone has any ideas or has faced the same issue please let me know! I graduated highschool in 2014, but took 1 semester of a "5th year" before entering undergrad in 2015. My question is if for this school year I would be considered 6 years out of high school for my OSAP application (since I technically graduated in 2014) in order to be deemed independent. I have reached out to the school for help a a week and a half ago and have not gotten an answer yet, and the application deadline to get the funding in time for September is tomorrow. I've tried calling OSAP but they direct me back to my schools financial aid office which again hasn't replied. If anyone has an answer to this q please let me know! 

21 hours ago, oohtea said:

I received the offer through email on 17/6, 7 days after my interview.

The deadline to accept/decline is 30/6 so I suppose they’ll notify the waitlisted ones then! Good luck.

Thanks for your information!

Will be patiently waiting then~~