Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

On 6/28/2020 at 1:50 PM, David23 said:

Hi guys, for those that accepted the offer for Western PT, all you had to do to secure a spot was accept via orpas right? Besides sending your final transcript, do you have to do anything to secure a spot? 

When I asked Joanna a question similar to this she said that they recieved my acceptance offer and that they will be touching base about starting the program at the beginning of July. Hope that helps! 

13 hours ago, Lina said:

Got off Mac's PT waitlist today!! I received the email around 4pm:)

Congratulations! So weird that they told you to try again next year and then accepted you days later. If you feel comfortable telling me your waitlist number so that my friend can see if she has a chance I would appreciate it (or DM me). If not I understand. Looking forward to meeting you in the fall.

39 minutes ago, Colby1373 said:

Congratulations! So weird that they told you to try again next year and then accepted you days later. If you feel comfortable telling me your waitlist number so that my friend can see if she has a chance I would appreciate it (or DM me). If not I understand. Looking forward to meeting you in the fall.

Thank you! I was #3 on the waitlist. I'm honestly not sure why they would tell me that it's unlikely to receive an offer a few days before they accept me. Nevertheless, I'm super excited about getting it cause Mac is my first choice. Good luck to your friend and looking forward to meeting you too!

43 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

Hi does anyone know if cpr courses are being offered

I know that there are classes local to me right now so depends on your area! I have been waiting for Western to decide whether they will require first aid & CPR or just CPR before signing up for anything.

1 hour ago, HayleyRS said:

I know that there are classes local to me right now so depends on your area! I have been waiting for Western to decide whether they will require first aid & CPR or just CPR before signing up for anything.

Western for my class (MPT 2021) required either Basic Life Support (First Aid) OR CPR-C (just CPR). I did the CPR-C because for my local class offering, half was online and then I had to attend in person from 8-12 on a Saturday, as opposed to doing a whole day or a Whole weekend worth of stuff. Western will send you the info beginning to mid July with the exact requirements. We didn’t receive our info until mid-late July, but they were delayed I believe due to administration re-structuring. Keep an eye out, it’ll be coming soon!

On 12/21/2019 at 8:47 AM, LMC said:

Applied: McMaster, Western, U of T, Queens (all pt)

Accepted: Mac, western, U of T and Queens

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

GPA: cgpa- 3.98 sgpa-3.99 (from my school) ORPAS sGPA 3.94 cGPA 3.95

Percieved strength of essays/interviews/references: I’m nervous about my essays but think they will end up not being too bad. I have one great reference from the adapted physical activity community who supervised me working over 150 hours with individuals with special needs. My other reference is my honours supervisor but my research has nothing to do with physio. I feel I have a strong GPA but less experience than most because I didn’t decide on physio till my 4th year, do I still have a shot?

EDIT: So excited to receive acceptance from all the schools I applied to, if you have any questions feel free to message me!

Hi, I just wanted to know what your undergrad was.

Hi everyone, I posted this in the U of A thread but figured to post here as well!

I've been accepted to UBC (OOP), but U of A is my first choice! Does anyone know whether there is more waitlist movement near the end of the summer? A few weeks ago they said I was around #25-35...I'm anxious as I'll have to decide soon since I'd need to move to Vancouver if U of A doesn't accept me. I'd be okay with Calgary campus as well!

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, BigdreamsOT said:

They responded to me last week saying that they were full and it’s basically down to individual drop outs

Oh I wasnt talking about admission, I got accepted. I was asking if anyone who was also accepted heard about next steps regarding registration.