Premed 101 Forums

Estimated week of interview decisions?

15 hours ago, Matty66 said:

Last year the email came out a week before invites (Dec 5th email and invites came out the following week). I wouldn’t expect any emails until December tbh.

Yup. My bet is that the email will be sent out next week and rejections will come on Monday December 9th. 

Made an account to just post that this year's forum has been so quiet compared to last year (via my lurking on posts from past years haha). T-minus one week wtheck???? How is it December??? But also it seems like time is PASSING BY SO SLOWLY. I know I should be keeping busy with other things...but I am definitely counting down the days!!!

5 hours ago, tomatoegg said:

Made an account to just post that this year's forum has been so quiet compared to last year (via my lurking on posts from past years haha). T-minus one week wtheck???? How is it December??? But also it seems like time is PASSING BY SO SLOWLY. I know I should be keeping busy with other things...but I am definitely counting down the days!!!

It’s killing me!

I have definitely started thinking of backup plans to medicine, though. I’m not too sure if international schools are the way to go, so I’ll probably be applying to nursing and physiotherapy next year... Anyone else thinking of backups that is haven’t considered yet? I’ve been in research for years, and it’s definitely not for me.

17 hours ago, acceptmeplease said:

It’s killing me!

I have definitely started thinking of backup plans to medicine, though. I’m not too sure if international schools are the way to go, so I’ll probably be applying to nursing and physiotherapy next year... Anyone else thinking of backups that is haven’t considered yet? I’ve been in research for years, and it’s definitely not for me.

Exact same position, not trying to do research. PA could be something to consider as well!

33 minutes ago, Bawgg said:

Guys, will we be posting Interview/Regrets on this thread or is there a different one. I wanna be kept up to date. 

Also, if I don't receive a rejection by Dec 9th. 0500pm, does that mean I'm basically in the clear? 

I think someone recently made a separate interview/regrets thread.

I've heard that most rejections will be sent by Monday, but not all :/

34 minutes ago, Bawgg said:

Guys, will we be posting Interview/Regrets on this thread or is there a different one. I wanna be kept up to date. 

Also, if I don't receive a rejection by Dec 9th. 0500pm, does that mean I'm basically in the clear? 

The invite/regret thread is already up:

I'm also wondering if they do actually send any rejections after Monday. Either way, Monday is going to be extremely nerve-wracking!

Okay wait, I have another question. People who applied early will get an invitation a day earlier then the rest of us. That means that any person who gets an email on Monday is sure to be rejected unless they were expecting an early response. I didn't apply early...

Moral of the story, hope you don't get any email on the Monday. Unless you applied early, a Monday email is a rejection.

2 minutes ago, Bawgg said:

Okay wait, I have another question. People who applied early will get an invitation a day earlier then the rest of us. That means that any person who gets an email on Monday is sure to be rejected unless they were expecting an early response. I didn't apply early...

Moral of the story, hope you don't get any email on the Monday. Unless you applied early, a Monday email is a rejection.

Early applicants are also rejected on Monday! No invites are sent on Monday at all - based on previous years at least.

55 minutes ago, RiderSx said:

Early applicants are also rejected on Monday! No invites are sent on Monday at all - based on previous years at least.

58 minutes ago, Bawgg said:

Yup was looking at older threads, apparently early invites go out Tues/Wed ish and Monday is only rejections, but rejections keep rolling out through the week which so great ha

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best of luck in this coming week!!  Haven't had the time at all to return to the forums earlier, but wanted to at least send this positive message.  I can completely understand how you may be feeling and can imagine the stress levels right now.  The wait can be brutal, but interview decisions will be out soon.  Be confident in your applications and stay strong for just a few more days, you guys got this!!!   :)

giphy.gif