Premed 101 Forums

Will I be applicable for wGPA if I start my undergraduate in Winter 2020 or Spring 2020?

Im an OOP, residing in Niagara Falls, ON, and I might be starting undergrad in Winter 2020 or Spring 2020 at University of Saskatchewan, but someone in a forum told me that if I join term 2 which is on January I won't be applicable for wGpa when applying to medical schools after I complete the Undergrad. So he suggested me to enroll from Fall term September 2020. 

**I wanted to start university as soon as possible because I'm applying as a Non Traditional student aged 22.**

I also found similar answer here: http://forums.premed101.com/topic/62315-starting-university-in-january/?do=findComment&comment=720828

Thank you for your helpful comment. So that means I won't be applicable for wGPA for the year 2020 if I start from January (Winter) or May (Spring)? Some might say why I'm rushing it's because I'll be applying as a Non-Trad student at the age of 22 and if I start from Fall 2020 I'll be 23 by then, so it's like I have a gap year and also I'm getting old :(

And I will be permanently moving to Saskatoon with my parents and they might buy a house there, and I really wanted to get into USask Medical School.  Also what's a better program at USask as a Premed? Biology or Biomedical Science (Physiology and Pharmacology)?