Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Question

32 minutes ago, inwaiting said:

Hello. Im just seeking clarification on how MCAT score evaluations work for Queen's. I have a 511 overall (126/129/127/129). Is the overall score below cutoff based on previous years? Do they have cut-offs for each individual sections as well? Should i rewrite? My 2YGPA is 3.94. Thanks in advance.

Both overall and for each section.

From their website:

The second form of evaluation is the MCAT. Again each year the Admissions Committee considers scores from the Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems, Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems, Psychological, Social and Biological Foundations of Behaviour and Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills as well as the sum of these parts. The applicant must meet the minimum score set for each category and the total.

There do seem to be people on this forum in the past who've received invites with similar MCAT scores. 

What I have figured out by going through the interview invitees on this forum from last year is that, if they have section cutoffs in fact, their section cutoffs seem to be as follows: 125/ 126/ 126/ 127. And their accepted overall score has been as low as 509. So I think you do not need a rewrite at all. And we all know that they don't look at your scores past whatever cutoff they assign each year. 

Good luck.