Premed 101 Forums

Application for the DAT

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you guys can help me out for DAT registration. From looking at Dalhousie's Dentistry Admission webpage, they don't require you to do the manual dexterity test. Since I don't really have a strong desire to go to Alberta, I don't feel the need to take manual dexterity assessment. After choosing all the schools that I'd like the DAT transcript to be sent to (U of T, U of S, UBC, Dalhousie, and U of M. The DAT webpage says that Dalhousie is considered a school that needs the manual dexterity, and I would need to apply for the DAT in order to register? I already emailed the DAT peep but have yet to hear back, so I was wondering if anyone knows! 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, meowhk said:

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you guys can help me out for DAT registration. From looking at Dalhousie's Dentistry Admission webpage, they don't require you to do the manual dexterity test. Since I don't really have a strong desire to go to Alberta, I don't feel the need to take manual dexterity assessment. After choosing all the schools that I'd like the DAT transcript to be sent to (U of T, U of S, UBC, Dalhousie, and U of M. The DAT webpage says that Dalhousie is considered a school that needs the manual dexterity, and I would need to apply for the DAT in order to register? I already emailed the DAT peep but have yet to hear back, so I was wondering if anyone knows! 

Thanks!

I would just register for it and do the MDT. The schools that don't take MDT won't look at your score, so it doesn't matter if you do it anyway. Worst case scenario you have to do an extra section on the DAT but, best case scenario you keep your options open for other schools. 

2 hours ago, TheMolarBear said:

I would just register for it and do the MDT. The schools that don't take MDT won't look at your score, so it doesn't matter if you do it anyway. Worst case scenario you have to do an extra section on the DAT but, best case scenario you keep your options open for other schools. 

It's just soaps are super expensive and I idk how long I would need to do well in that section because if I don't try then what's the point of registering for those schools.