Premed 101 Forums

Doing poorly in a class HELP!

5 hours ago, dreizehn said:

Hi! Sorry for the dramatic title

I'm a 4th year UG student. Just applied to OMSAS. Hopefully I get in somewhere so this won't matter, but in all likelihood I won't get in and so my 4th year marks will be taken into next year's calculation.

My question is, when OMSAS calculates a years' worth of credits/courses/marks, do you need 2.5 credits (~5 classes) in each semester (to add to 5.0 total) OR can you have one semester of 2.0 credits (~4 classes) + one semester of 3.0 credits (~6 classes)? Is it all the same to them?

I'm currently enrolled in a course and I am doing remarkably bad. I'd need 104% on the exam just to finish with an 80%. So, yeah. BUT if I were to drop it, I could take an extra course next semester and save my GPA?

Is it clear what I'm asking? Anyone know if the schools would be okay with this - having an average of 2.5 credits per semester but really being 2+3?

THANK YOU

Yes, you can take an extra course for next semester. Keep in mind your school's withdrawal policy also as it's well within the term.

In addition, ensure you have a good plan moving forward for next semester as 6 courses is a lot tougher than it may seem.