Premed 101 Forums

Verifier contacted already

3 hours ago, Anaik said:

I was always told they verify after Christmas! Maybe this is a good sign that results will be released very early on in March..

To the best of my knowledge they do not contact everyone's verifiers (just a random selection) so I doubt that has much influence on when results will be released.

1 hour ago, Chels1267 said:

To the best of my knowledge they do not contact everyone's verifiers (just a random selection) so I doubt that has much influence on when results will be released.

Yes, but I remember they use to advertise contacting verifiers in Feb and that’s what it’s been in the past, it’s the timing that’s throwing me off not the selection of activities haha! Who knows.

I take back what I said earlier, a verifier of mine was indeed contacted this week. It was for a major involvement. 

As others have said before though, I’m fairly certain it’s a random process and indicates nothing regarding your application (other than that it was submitted). As they provide a score to applications who are rejected for each category I don’t think they cut out anyone who didn’t make cutoffs. 

Hope everyone is enjoying this Canadian winter so far!