Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites/Regrets (2019-2020)

I cant help but feel like there must be more rejections. The neurotic side of my personality is coming out but I dont feel like I match up to the people who have been rejected IP at all. I also submitted only 7 things in the NAQ section and my GPA is early 80's. I wasn't expecting anything like this to happen so I didn't emotionally prepare for it. 

7 minutes ago, Allthegoodnamesaretaken said:

I cant help but feel like there must be more rejections. The neurotic side of my personality is coming out but I dont feel like I match up to the people who have been rejected IP at all. I also submitted only 7 things in the NAQ section and my GPA is early 80's. I wasn't expecting anything like this to happen so I didn't emotionally prepare for it. 

It's ok! Whatever happens happens. As long as if we put our best foot forward then everything else is out of our control. Don't compare yourself to others, it's totally possible that the evaluators see something valuable in your app that even you didn't notice!

16 minutes ago, aloeplant said:

It's ok! Whatever happens happens. As long as if we put our best foot forward then everything else is out of our control. Don't compare yourself to others, it's totally possible that the evaluators see something valuable in your app that even you didn't notice!

I ran out of likes but thank you so much :)

Regrets 9:08 will update with stats :( How cruel of them to give me a day of hope when I had no expectations of an interview previously. 

TIME STAMP: 9:08am PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Regrets
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): AGPA 83.86
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 505 (balanced)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG (4th year BSC)
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.):
only filled out 7 sections because I didnt do any research before submitting. Included standard premed stuff and lots of non trad overcoming adversity type things

NAQ Range: 0-24th percentile (TFR~40)
My Result:  regrets, no interview

2 minutes ago, acceptmeplease said:

If anyone is neurotically checking the OAS like myself, the loading time slows down significantly before the waves of emails are released... So that can be a stressful indicator of what is to come ahaha

Let us know when it starts slowing down again haha

Just now, tomatoegg said:

duuuuUUUuUude I fell you...I really hope they send out early interviews today but maybe we'll be waiting till tomorrow??? 

Last year the first posts about invites were 10:30am on the Tuesday. If no ones received invites by now its probably another day of regrets then invites tomorrow..... <_<

2 minutes ago, thepheonix said:

Last year the first posts about invites were 10:30am on the Tuesday. If no ones received invites by now its probably another day of regrets then invites tomorrow..... <_<

That was certainly true... They've been breaking the mold in recent years. Historically, Monday were rejections, and Tuesday was a day of quiet — but last year we got early invites on the Tuesday, and this year rejections. Not sure how much I like these changes. 

dead fuck my life GIF