Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2020 -- INTERVIEW DATE TRADE REQUESTS (all schools and specialties)

btdubs

School interviewing at: University of Toronto

Specialty: Family Medicine

Current interview date: January 25, 2019

Date would like to switch to: January 27, 2019

Notes:    Please help!  Was unable to secure a date for the one day I can actually make it.  I would be forever grateful! 

EDIT: RESOLVED

School interviewing at: Dalhousie 

Specialty: Psychiatry

Current interview date: January 27

Date would like to switch to: January 18

Any additional notes: Double-booked with another interview, also inconvenient in terms of travel logistics. Would very much appreciate if someone could swap!

On 12/10/2019 at 9:22 AM, btdubs said:

I'll get us started with a thread exclusively for date trade requests. Please format as below, and if you're willing to switch with a post you see, message the user directly (please don't discuss trades within this post).

If you have resolved your scheduling conflict, please update your post with RESOLVED.

Can we get the admins to pin this thread within the CaRMS Subject section?  Currently the old 2019 thread is pinned.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:13 PM, coffeeaddict said:

School interviewing at: UBC

Specialty: Family

Current interview date: January 18 at 9:15am to 12:20pm

Date would like to switch to: February 1 any time

Hey! Im happy to take your Jan 18th AM spot for my Feb 1st 1:30-4:35 in Victoria if it's still available! 

School interviewing at: UBC

Current interview date: January 27th

Date would like to switch to: Feb 3 (ideal) or Jan 22 

Any additional notes: Not sure if the admin would allow any changes, but if we have 2 people willing to swap ...would really appreciate another date instead!

On 12/10/2019 at 9:22 AM, btdubs said:

I'll get us started with a thread exclusively for date trade requests. Please format as below, and if you're willing to switch with a post you see, message the user directly (please don't discuss trades within this post).

If you have resolved your scheduling conflict, please update your post with RESOLVED.

School interviewing at: Ottawa

Specialty: Neurology (Adult)

Current interview date: January 27th

Date would like to switch to: January 28th

Any additional notes: Double-booked with another school that only has one available interview day. Would really appreciate a trade!

Edit: RESOLVED.

Quick question.... How are people coordinating switches? Once you've found someone to switch with do you just coordinate drop/add on the booking portal at the same time? (which might not work if all the other slots are already taken I guess). Or are you emailing programs directly to indicate you've found someone to switch with and then get the program to make the switch on their end?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, med1015 said:

Date would like to switch to: Feb 3 or Jan 22

Any additional notes: Not sure if the admin would allow any changes, but if we have 2 people willing to swap ...would really appreciate another date instead!

Willing to switch my Jan 22nd for your 27th if admin will allow it.

1 hour ago, med1015 said:

Date would like to switch to: Feb 3 or Jan 22

Willing to switch my 22nd for your 27th - I've emailed admin to see if they would even allow this :s