Premed 101 Forums

PAT cutoff for UWO/UofT

I’m not sure of a “cut-off” for UofT but I believe that their average applicant has a score of 21 for PAT. Western has a cut-off for RC (19 I think) but I don’t think the same goes for PAT.

UofT only looks at PAT and AA, so individual scores don’t really matter. Western however considers all scores, so I don’t see why higher scores wouldn’t have a chance to offset lower ones. 

Western has just recently started looking at all sections. They used to just look at AA and RC. Their cutoff for RC varied year to year between 18 and 19 depending on the applicant pool. Now that they've updated their DAT assessment there isn't much to go on. However, when schools say they care about a DAT section (or say they care about all sections) I've never seen someone with a 17 or less in said section get accepted. It might be possible but I think it's an easy red flag schools use to start whittling down the applicant pool. Would love to hear if anyone has a story to prove me wrong though

On 12/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, HopefulDDS said:

Western has just recently started looking at all sections. They used to just look at AA and RC. Their cutoff for RC varied year to year between 18 and 19 depending on the applicant pool. Now that they've updated their DAT assessment there isn't much to go on. However, when schools say they care about a DAT section (or say they care about all sections) I've never seen someone with a 17 or less in said section get accepted. It might be possible but I think it's an easy red flag schools use to start whittling down the applicant pool. Would love to hear if anyone has a story to prove me wrong though

4 hours ago, aspiringdentist said:

If you look through the forums from posts over the years, I've seen some people get in with 16s. Even saw one guy get with a 14. They all had high 3.9 GPAs though. So I do think there's a chance if you have a high GPA and high scores in the other sections. 

Until recently they didn't look at the PAT, so previous applicants other than last year don't really help

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, northernjb said:

Western has a cut off for RC only, as a previous poster said (usually 18-19).  I got into UWO with an 18 PAT, so there's definitely hope if it wasn't your strongest section.  I had decent RC and AA, though.  I don't think DAT scores are the most important factor for UWO when looking at admission statistics. 

Could you please tell me what is the important factor for UWO? I though it was the RC score and combination of gpa/interview

7 hours ago, PAAT said:

Could you please tell me what is the important factor for UWO? I though it was the RC score and combination of gpa/interview

I believe in the past it was thought that RC was crucial in determining who will get to the interview stage.  However, overall based on the average DAT scores of the entering class, it seems like after the interview stage the DAT has relatively low impact on admissions as opposed to GPA and the non academic parts of the application and interview.

But, of course keep in mind no one is 100% sure of the details on how western assesses applications from year to year and everything I said is completely speculation :) 

On 1/1/2020 at 11:50 PM, northernjb said:

I believe in the past it was thought that RC was crucial in determining who will get to the interview stage.  However, overall based on the average DAT scores of the entering class, it seems like after the interview stage the DAT has relatively low impact on admissions as opposed to GPA and the non academic parts of the application and interview.

But, of course keep in mind no one is 100% sure of the details on how western assesses applications from year to year and everything I said is completely speculation :) 

Could you please share your GPA for uwo?