Premed 101 Forums

Possible to send in late CaRMS application?

I'd say send it in, call/email the PD, and give a succinct explanation as to why you're interested in the program. If you have contact in that program (aka other staff or residents you know), ask them to do some lobbying for you if possible.

Unless you are thinking of applying to that program in second round and don't want to leave a bad impression, what do you have to lose by cold-calling? You gotta do what you gotta do to get matched. 

In case you're wondering if I practice what I preach, I am job searching in a field without many jobs, so I've gotten used to cold emailing hospitals and handing out business cards and CV to any staff from any hospital I meet at conferences, whether they say their department is hiring next year or not. At the beginning it was a hard, but after a while it just feels like a normal process. You gotta do what you gotta do.

22 hours ago, bearded frog said:

Unless you have an extremely good reason that you could pick up the phone and convince the program director to consider you, no.

Tend to agree with this. 

First thing they would say is, "well why didn't you apply to us in the first place?"    And if you're only answer is "well i got x rejections so far from programs i initially thought more of than you" is not going to go over well.