Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie PT - Out of Province Chances

I'm finishing up my Master's in Exercise Physiology and I want to be a physiotherapist. I'm Canadian and applying to UofT, Western and McMaster and have already sent transcripts and CASPer results to Dalhousie...however, I'm a bit conflicted. Dal only accepts around 5 OOP students to Physiotherapy, and my chances are not all that great.

I have little shadowing experience, but a good amount of non-PT volunteer experience and a sub-GPA (last 20 credits) of 4.25 on their 4.33 GPA scale. I have two very good academic references but besides that, I wouldn't consider myself having any competitive edge for this.

It's another $115 to submit my application but given the extremely low chances of getting in, I'm wondering if it's even worth the time applying and the cost.

Thoughts?

On 12/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, physiohopeful23 said:

I'm finishing up my Master's in Exercise Physiology and I want to be a physiotherapist. I'm Canadian and applying to UofT, Western and McMaster and have already sent transcripts and CASPer results to Dalhousie...however, I'm a bit conflicted. Dal only accepts around 5 OOP students to Physiotherapy, and my chances are not all that great.

I have little shadowing experience, but a good amount of non-PT volunteer experience and a sub-GPA (last 20 credits) of 4.25 on their 4.33 GPA scale. I have two very good academic references but besides that, I wouldn't consider myself having any competitive edge for this.

It's another $115 to submit my application but given the extremely low chances of getting in, I'm wondering if it's even worth the time applying and the cost.

Thoughts?

They offer up to 19 seats for OOP, and as the others have said that's a great GPA! From my understanding, GPA weights into PT admissions much more than other health profession programs, so I'd definitely suggest you try it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...