Premed 101 Forums

Cegep choice 2020

Nikkyno

Hi,

I'm in secondary 5 this year and in a few months I will have to apply to Cegep and I have a few questions.

1- Is there really a boost if I went to Marianopolis to then try to apply to Premed programs in Mcgill and UdeM?

2- What is the best way to choose my Cegep?

3-I kind of want to go to Dawson more than anywhere else, does an average of around 87 have any chance?

4-Does the fact that I'm currently in an IB program help in the admission in Cegeps next year

Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late here so admission period may be over but

1- There is no boost if you go to Marianopolis or any other private CEGEP

2- Depends on each person. Generally try to go for something not too far because you don't want to waste 4hrs/day commuting. Although some people will disagree, I think friends, atmosphere and the building can be relevant factors. You wanna keep the motivation up for two years.

3- I think you have decent chances to get into Dawson with that average. It's worth trying and you can always apply to other CEGEP as a backup plan.

4- Yep, IB High School students get a 2% bonus to their average when applying to CEGEP.

4 hours ago, soupefroide said:

I'm a little late here so admission period may be over but

1- There is no boost if you go to Marianopolis or any other private CEGEP

2- Depends on each person. Generally try to go for something not too far because you don't want to waste 4hrs/day commuting. Although some people will disagree, I think friends, atmosphere and the building can be relevant factors. You wanna keep the motivation up for two years.

3- I think you have decent chances to get into Dawson with that average. It's worth trying and you can always apply to other CEGEP as a backup plan.

4- Yep, IB High School students get a 2% bonus to their average when applying to CEGEP.

Thanks a lot, the application period is actually not done yet it finishes the 1st of March.