Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta 2020 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2024

Sun444

4 hours ago, concrete_pinata said:

Is the ACP registration fee a one-off charge? If not, how often does it need to be renewed? Thanks

You'll need to just register just the one time when you're a student.

Once you become licensed as a pharmacist, you'll need to renew your license annually, and will need to possess active CPR and First Aid and malpractice insurance and will need to complete continuing education credits before you're able to do so. 

Thanks for the constant engagement on this forum everyone. As we’re nearing orientation and the beginning of classes, I am thinking of creating a group chat on snap or whatsapp, whatever app people prefer. You all have essentially been the first people I’ve engaged with as we start with this journey. It helps having people on our finger tips during this time and with this term being online I’d like to have all of you around so we can struggle through these 4 years together. If this is something ppl are interested please let me know!!

43 minutes ago, Sun444 said:

Thanks for the constant engagement on this forum everyone. As we’re nearing orientation and the beginning of classes, I am thinking of creating a group chat on snap or whatsapp, whatever app people prefer. You all have essentially been the first people I’ve engaged with as we start with this journey. It helps having people on our finger tips during this time and with this term being online I’d like to have all of you around so we can struggle through these 4 years together. If this is something ppl are interested please let me know!!

This sounds like a great idea!! I would definitely be interested in joining a group chat on snap or WhatsApp. :) 

11 hours ago, _rixx_96 said:

Hey y'all, I wish I discovered this forum sooner! Better late than never lol. 

Anyone know the difference between the regular lab coats and the "L" lab coats? Trying to determine how long the regular lab coats are compared to the long. 

"L" refers to long and is about proportions. If you have longer limbs than your proportions would suggest or if you're a taller person (+6') then the L version size is probably the way to go.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:52 AM, NightOwlPharm said:

"L" refers to long and is about proportions. If you have longer limbs than your proportions would suggest or if you're a taller person (+6') then the L version size is probably the way to go.

Okay, just wanted to be sure. Thanks for confirming. 

Anyone know if we can reorder if we end up getting a wrong size? :/ In previous years, they let students try on jackets before ordering, which is what I was hoping for considering the inconsistency in my size. 

Has anyone done their PIC yet? I'm looking at the online application forum for EPS and it lists the PIC and vulnerable sector as one check, can anyone confirm that this is the right one? Also for fist aid, should we be picking emergency or standard? or does it matter? Thanks!

1 hour ago, boop said:

Has anyone done their PIC yet? I'm looking at the online application forum for EPS and it lists the PIC and vulnerable sector as one check, can anyone confirm that this is the right one? Also for fist aid, should we be picking emergency or standard? or does it matter? Thanks!

For the PIC, if i remember correctly, you want to get the one that is the combined PIC + VSC. You don't want to do the option that is backcheck only because you'll end up paying twice since you'll still need a VSC for the faculty (ACP only requires a backcheck, but the faculty needs a VSC as well). Remember that both the ACP and the faculty need it, so I suggest giving it to the faculty first so they can photocopy it for their records and then give you the original back to give to ACP (not sure if they're going to have you guys send in everything online this year so just follow how they want you to do it this year I guess).

As for first aid/CPR (again, if I remember correctly) either emergency or standard is fine. The one a lot of our class did last year is the standard first aid which includes AED and CPR level C. You can get this completed now if you want, but in the past years the class rep usually arranges for the class to get this done together some time during the year since you don't need it until your rotations start (its a fun bonding opportunity and group rates for a class end up being cheaper sometimes). Last year, we split our class into two groups and did the training over two weekends, but I'm not sure how it'll work for you guys this year with everything going on. I do suggest just waiting out on it until the faculty/your class rep has more information about it!

4 hours ago, boop said:

I did it! It comes out as one, you just have to indicate that you work with Children, elderly and disabled to get the PIC + VSC. 

• 2 weeks later...