Premed 101 Forums
Sun444

University Of Alberta 2020 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2024

I know there has been a lot of differing opinions so I guess I could chime in from an upper year perspective. Class of 2022 (1st year of the new Pharm D), holla my way if you have any questions or concerns. 

so it is confirmed https://www.ualberta.ca/governance/media-library/2020-03-19-exec-special-meeting-materials.pdf

This kinda sucks coz the only year that I am taking 10 courses is this 2019Fall to 2020Winter and I have not finished my prereq yet....

I bet a lot of you would be emailing the faculty see how the GPA would be determined if there is no GPA availble for winter 2020.

I guess I will just wait here for someone to share the respond received from Anjela. Thanks in advance!

They are supposedly making an official announcement this morning so I’m kinda nervously waiting on that. This is such a motivation killer on our already low morale.

Theres been so much discussion online about the different perspectives on this topic so I wouldn’t add to that but I just think there has to be a better, more nuanced alternative so that we can cushion those affected by the pandemic whilst not punishing people like us who’ve been working our butts off.

Idk what will happen. I have signed the petition so hopefully they will be open to reconsidering their decision.

I know its hard with the uncertainty, but just be patient guys. The faculty has a lot on their plate so I'm not sure when they'll get around to addressing enrollment for next year. Just to give you an idea of what they're dealing with, here are some concerns. The 4th years are currently on rotations, however board exams and licencing are postponed. 2nd years are still scheduled to go on rotation in May, depending on how the situation continues to change, that may not be an option (which can affect PharmD accreditation). The 3rd years have their PharmD bridging program in the summer, which requires in person clinical hours, how this will be implemented now is unclear. 

Do not stress and just give it time. I am sure that they'll figure it out. Best of luck!