Premed 101 Forums

Credits conversion

Hello all,

I need some help understanding how UBC Med treats credits earned from different institute.

I did my bachelor in UBC Biotech major. As some of you may know, it is a program consisting 3 years of UBC study and 2 years of BCIT study. BCIT generally gives 6 credits per course whereas UBC generally is 3 credits per course. If I calculate my GPA based on what appears on the transcript, BCIT portion of my undergrad will be weighted significantly higher than UBC portion. So my question is whether UBC will do some kind of credits conversion to normalize credit difference from different institute. I could not find any relevant information online so want to seek out some help here. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

I apologize if this is a stupid question and thank you very much for your time and help.

4 hours ago, MadSchool said:

Hello all,

I need some help understanding how UBC Med treats credits earned from different institute.

I did my bachelor in UBC Biotech major. As some of you may know, it is a program consisting 3 years of UBC study and 2 years of BCIT study. BCIT generally gives 6 credits per course whereas UBC generally is 3 credits per course. If I calculate my GPA based on what appears on the transcript, BCIT portion of my undergrad will be weighted significantly higher than UBC portion. So my question is whether UBC will do some kind of credits conversion to normalize credit difference from different institute. I could not find any relevant information online so want to seek out some help here. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

I apologize if this is a stupid question and thank you very much for your time and help.

They will convert all credits to their own scale. All of your courses will count equally towards your GPA.