Premed 101 Forums

Deleted

My 2 cents:

I would wait until you hear back for an interview. If you do get an interview than talk to them on the day of about this or email them after of what happened and the extenuating circumstances surrounding the mistake.  I am sure they may understand an honest mistake.

If no interview then it won't matter.

5 hours ago, Braindrain said:

My 2 cents:

I would wait until you hear back for an interview. If you do get an interview than talk to them on the day of about this or email them after of what happened and the extenuating circumstances surrounding the mistake.  I am sure they may understand an honest mistake.

If no interview then it won't matter.

Not a U of C student, but doesn't the GPA calculation change if you say that you have/or will have completed a grad degree prior to the start of the program?

If so, you should definitely send them an email about this now. 

Hi, 

As a grad student that applied to UofC last year, they do actually add your graduate GPA as a full year which is often a major advantage. They also favour your application more as a graduate student.

I emailed them about what happens if I don't end up graduating by the time med school starts and they said they will likely resend my offer. Since UofC does value transparency and honesty, it might be best to simply email them about your mistake. On the other hand if you actually get in, another option is to talk to your supervisor and see if you can leave your degree early to attend med school. However, do so respectfully since UofC often advises students to avoid leaving their grad degree for med (mentioned in the applicant manual). 

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. 

Best of luck!