Premed 101 Forums

Botox / Minor Cosmetics Procedures (Laser Hairy Removal/Scar Removal)

i8aSS

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm late on this thread but if people are still following, regulations probably differ depending on the province. Cosmetics are unregulated and just about anyone can do it as long as they've received training. There are cosmetic fellowships specific to derm/plastics which will give you more experience with surgical and laser procedures. However for simpler stuff like Botox, fillers, etc most people will just do a weekend course and get a certificate. The problem with cosmetic procedures is that overhead is high so you need to have a clientele base to justify paying for equipment (e.g. Botox expires in around a year so you need to have enough patients to exhaust your supply quickly). I've seen family doctors and internists do minor cosmetics (injections, cryotherapy and lesion removal) but haven't seen any venture out into surgical or laser. 

• 2 years later...

I'm looking for a good plastic surgeon in Toronto to do eye lift surgery for me. I am 42, and I have noticed that my eyes look saggy because of stress and lack of sleep. I moved to Toronto a few months ago, so I haven't had time to find a good plastic surgery clinic yet. When I lived in New York, I used to go to Dr. Jacono, but he doesn't do surgery in my city, so I'm forced to look for another option. Have any of you had blepharoplasty in Toronto? I would be happy to get some advice. Thank you, and have a great day!