Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Interview Invites/Regrets 2020

On 1/20/2020 at 9:32 PM, newmy88 said:

Time Stamp: 10:12 AM
Invite/Reject: Reject

GPA: 3.93
CARS: 126 (lol)
Casper: Ugh idk it felt okay but I really wish we got a score back because now I'm doubting myself for Ottawa :(

Geography: IP

McGill gives feedback. I don't know anywhere else that does. 

On 1/22/2020 at 7:57 AM, dryorku said:

No, CASPer is worth 33% of your pre-interview score, they use it as a metric for scoring not a filter. A filter would be something like if CASPer > 70th percentile, proceed to file review.

Casper is a psychological, situational judgement test used to determine applicant characteristics. It does act as a filter because those who possess traits that would be problematic in medicine are more likely to do worse and thus not proceed to interview. It is also predictive of success in medical school. I'm not going to argue with you, this isn't the thread for this debate as pointed out earlier.

late but for future reference

Time Stamp: Jan. 2, 2020 -10:39am (MD/PhD); Jan. 8, 2020 - 9.06am (MD)
Invite/Reject: Invite 

GPA: 3.96
CARS: 132
Casper: I did skim doing right and I also read Casper SIM for the mind but tbh didn't wind up preparing/practicing that much, though it was my second time writing since I had written it a couple of months prior for American schools

Geography: IP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been contacted recently about coming off the waitlist? I know that they aren't doing interviews, but I was told that they will still be filling all 552 "interview" spots for consideration and now that MD/PhD decisions have been released, they could see some waitlist movement. Just wondering if anyone heard anything about that!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 9:32 PM, Lizardtits said:

Timestamp: 9:14AM 

Invite/Reject: Invites!!!! 

GPA: 3.18

CARS: 126

Casper: really didn’t study but did it before for nursing school. Thought the nursing one was tougher tbh lol. Clearly did pretty well 

-IP

Wow!! Congratulation!! I am finishing up nursing school this year and plan to apply the next cycle. Would you be able to message me to talk about your experience and stats? I'm feeling a bit lost and you have just given me so much hope! 

best of luck!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 12:59 PM, 706RntoMD said:

Time Stamp: 9:14 AM

Invite/Reject: Waitlist ---> Interview!

GPA: 3.67

CARS: 131

CASPer: Felt a LOT better than last time. Was confident fro about 10/12 scenarios.  Did a LOT of prep, practice tests, one consultation. 

In Province, no grad school. Late applicant (RN, 3 years out of school). 

I am also a 3rd year nursing student from the York-Seneca collab program, were u also in a collab program? Also how did u mainly study for the CASPer? Thank you!

On 1/8/2020 at 9:32 PM, Lizardtits said:

Timestamp: 9:14AM 

Invite/Reject: Invites!!!! 

GPA: 3.18

CARS: 126

Casper: really didn’t study but did it before for nursing school. Thought the nursing one was tougher tbh lol. Clearly did pretty well 

-IP

Were you a graduate student? What were your complete stats?