Premed 101 Forums

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask how much a full course load matters for UBC. I realize it’s not required but does it give you an edge post interview.

I have always taken 4 courses and one semester of 3. At the end of 4 years I’ll have 92 credits. So I’ll have to take 5 years to finish my undergrad. Would that negatively effect my application?

Has anyone in the past not taken full course load and still gotten in?

Thank you for your time!

6 hours ago, Medhopefulatubc said:

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask how much a full course load matters for UBC. I realize it’s not required but does it give you an edge post interview.

I have always taken 4 courses and one semester of 3. At the end of 4 years I’ll have 92 credits. So I’ll have to take 5 years to finish my undergrad. Would that negatively effect my application?

Has anyone in the past not taken full course load and still gotten in?

Thank you for your time!

They state that they are looking for evidence that you can handle the workload of the med school curriculum. Full course loads is one way to measure this. But plenty of people get in that don’t have a full course load and then instead have other things going on, like part time jobs. I think where part-time is the biggest disadvantage is when it is not clear from your application what else you do with your time.