Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020

4 minutes ago, coconut_bao said:

i emailed them questioning if my application was lost-- apparently i heard back on the 16th, but i can't find the email ANYWHERE. what should i do? 

wtf??? i’m worried this is the case w me... goddamn. 

I’d email back informing them that you didn’t get an email, and would like to know the status. 

I emailed earlier today but haven’t heard back yet.

14 hours ago, premed1995 said:

Is it even possible to send an acceptance the week of the interviews?? 
Are the online ones still on and are they panel format or MPI? 

Honestly could be that our Rs were "lost in the mail" lol... I cant imagine them giving less than a week's notice for interviews. If they do, well that's very dumb

1 hour ago, Isgb2s said:

Honestly could be that our Rs were "lost in the mail" lol... I cant imagine them giving less than a week's notice for interviews. If they do, well that's very dumb

Yeah I agree. It’s so stressful though that they haven’t sent them out, I wish they would just tell us either way instead of waiting so close to the dates especially with everything happening. Who can even practice these last few weeks with all the changes and stress. 

3 hours ago, Isgb2s said:

I've heard of someone getting an invite 3 days before the U of T interview a couple years ago. But that was only one case and I heard it from a friend of a friend so not 100% sure if it was a true story.

1 hour ago, PizzaTime said:

I've heard of someone getting an invite 3 days before the U of T interview a couple years ago. But that was only one case and I heard it from a friend of a friend so not 100% sure if it was a true story.

Wow! Really. I wonder if they’ll do that this year or not though with COVID. 

2 hours ago, PizzaTime said:

23 minutes ago, premed1995 said:

Wow! Really. I wonder if they’ll do that this year or not though with COVID. 

Could there have  been a last minute cancelation? Hard to imagine they are aiming for that kind of short notice.

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2020 at 11:35 AM, pharmchefpremed said:

TIME STAMP: Feb 6@  1:58 (late entry)

Interview Date (MD or MD/PhD): MD March 28

Result: Invite

cGPA/wGPA:  cGPA 3.89 (OMSAS excluded Pharmacy degree), if academic explanation was taken into consideration for pharmacy Degree then wGPA 4.0

MCAT: Above cut offs

ECs: Non-trad applicant. long term employment (Pharmacist) and others.

Essays: I hope ok

Year: non-trad, currently working as a pharmacist (hospital based)

Geography: IP

Congratulations!

Just a quick question. Did you apply with a second UG degree?

3 hours ago, AddypremedT said:

Congratulations!

Just a quick question. Did you apply with a second UG degree?

Not quite. I had a degree in chemistry prior to applying to pharmacy school (Both degrees from the US). OMSAS for some reason does not acknowledge the professional degree in the gpa calculation hence the reason for the academic explanation essay. 

18 hours ago, pharmchefpremed said:

Not quite. I had a degree in chemistry prior to applying to pharmacy school (Both degrees from the US). OMSAS for some reason does not acknowledge the professional degree in the gpa calculation hence the reason for the academic explanation essay. 

Thankyou for your response.

Can I pm you if I have any questions?