Premed 101 Forums

3.6 GPA chances

analyst

McGill doesn't require LORs. Your main issue will be in trying to obtain an interview, as 3.6 is rather low and academics account for 70%. Do you have a professional degree in dietetics/nursing/ that can help! A friend of mine last year had around a 3.8, and ranked 380ish/850 in the academics section..... so you need to absolutely kill Casper and have an amazing CV (which account for 20% and 10% of pre-interview scores respectively) to have a shot! But it's possible, yes. 

• 2 years later...
On 1/18/2020 at 3:21 PM, RaptorsFan123 said:

McGill doesn't require LORs. Your main issue will be in trying to obtain an interview, as 3.6 is rather low and academics account for 70%. Do you have a professional degree in dietetics/nursing/ that can help! A friend of mine last year had around a 3.8, and ranked 380ish/850 in the academics section..... so you need to absolutely kill Casper and have an amazing CV (which account for 20% and 10% of pre-interview scores respectively) to have a shot! But it's possible, yes. 

Wait your friend ranked close to 380/850 in the academics section as an IP QC uni applicant or as a CDN applicant?

As an IP QC applicant with a GPA of 3.6, a very good CV, favorable academic context and a good enough Casper McGill ranked me at around 370/790 in 2020, 350/820 in 2019 and 450/820 in 2018 (only the first 260 or so were invited to interview). Based on this, I'd say effort needed to improve your CV and Casper so that it will significantly impact your chances of interview at McGill with a GPA of 3.6 are difficult to quantify and a lot comes down to chance so it would be better to spend time and energy doing a second undergrad.