Premed 101 Forums

Full course load?

I’m a bit confused about this, and wanted to ask advice before I changed my current course schedule.

On the dal website, it says you have to carry a full course load in the three most senior semesters submitted for evaluation, so does that not include the semester I’m currently in? Just right now I will have more credits than I need to graduate from my undergrad, so was going to drop a class this semester, unless only being in 4 class (12 credits) is going to some how make me ineligible for the dal med program should I get in.

does anyone know if this is the case/have any clarification they can offer?

2 minutes ago, medschoolgal said:

I’m a bit confused about this, and wanted to ask advice before I changed my current course schedule.

On the dal website, it says you have to carry a full course load in the three most senior semesters submitted for evaluation, so does that not include the semester I’m currently in? Just right now I will have more credits than I need to graduate from my undergrad, so was going to drop a class this semester, unless only being in 4 class (12 credits) is going to some how make me ineligible for the dal med program should I get in.

**most senior years submitted, not semesters

On 1/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, medschoolgal said:

Depends, how many credits were you enrolled in last semester? My understanding is that you need at least 30ch across the entire year, unless they changed something recently! So if you have at least 18 last semester you'd be ok