Premed 101 Forums

McGill 2020 DMD Interview Invites/Rejections

Didn't find a thread for McGill DMD 2020 Accept/Reject so thought I'd post on here instead.

Any successful 2020 applicants looking for a roommate? I'm OOP and looking for a roommate (preferably female) that will be in the same class as me. Happy to talk via video chat to get to know one another a bit.

I'm female, anglophone (but hopefully bilingual soon), an avid cook and very clean!

If interested, shoot me a private message!

20 hours ago, mustbemed said:

How many people have their spots still on the OOP waitlist? / if they could share what number they are please 

number 10 on OOP, really hoping it’ll move as much as last year since I’m pretty sure it moved to 13. How many do you guys think have dropped from the waitlist?

3 minutes ago, Dr.Bob said:

number 10 on OOP, really hoping it’ll move as much as last year since I’m pretty sure it moved to 13. How many do you guys think have dropped from the waitlist?

Hi, last year the last offer was to OOP #12. Good luck everyone!

26 minutes ago, Dr.Bob said:

Oh dang. Thanks for letting me know! Are you on the waitlist this year?

no, I got accepted last year. Usually it doesn't go as high as 12 though. Previous years OOP went up to 7 or 8 spots, so it is tough to predict the movement this year

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, dmd212 said:

Has anyone been accepted to med and dent? Is it harder for students at McGill to be accepted to both since it's one interview for both programs?

When I was applying to both I asked about this. The acceptance of one has no weight on the acceptance of the other. The admissions committees of Medicine and Dentistry are entirely independent, though the same interview score will be given to both committees. I was accepted to both on the day they handed out the admissions, so it entirely doable, but from knowing many other people who did the same, most of them were accepted to one and not the other.