Premed 101 Forums

Post-Acceptance Conditions

Does anyone know what GPA we have to maintain this year if we are accepted to the MD program?

My current program is extremely difficult to get high grades in. With the balancing act between studying and interviews, I would prefer to have some relief about the conditional cut-off. Is there a minimum GPA that we have to maintain in our current year? Or is there an overall GPA that we have to maintain of over 75%? Thanks so much!

46 minutes ago, MCatt said:

Does anyone know what GPA we have to maintain this year if we are accepted to the MD program?

My current program is extremely difficult to get high grades in. With the balancing act between studying and interviews, I would prefer to have some relief about the conditional cut-off. Is there a minimum GPA that we have to maintain in our current year? Or is there an overall GPA that we have to maintain of over 75%? Thanks so much!

From the FAQ: “We evaluate grades from courses taken during the current application cycle only for applicants who receive an offer to the program or who are placed on the waitlist. For applicants who receive an offer, we recalculate the overall GPA or adjusted GPA (if applicable) with the new coursework added in. If the resulting GPA has dropped 5% or more from the overall or adjusted GPA we calculated during our file evaluation in the fall, the Admissions Selection Committee reserves the right to revoke the offer of admission.”

20 hours ago, MCatt said:

As what @FrenchPress quoted, but don't treat it as a true buffer/hard cutoff. It's not worth losing a potential admission for, AND in the event you don't get the acceptance to begin with, you want that GPA to apply for next cycle. 

I don't know if anyone who lost an acceptance because of their now lower GPA for UBC Medicine specifically, but I do personally know of some undergrads who had their UBC Science admission offer revoked. I don't mean to stress you out, but I wouldn't get too relaxed until you actually start in August.