Premed 101 Forums

Keyhole HELP!!!

Hi everyone, 

Hi, i'm having a lot of trouble with the keyhole section. I've been consistently practicing with PAT Booster keyhole generators everyday, and I consistently get around 12 to 15 right. However, when I do the practice tests, I find myself only getting 5-7 correct. I was wondering if you have any advice about how I can improve. 

Hi @meowhk

I don't really have tips for you but I can give you some reassurance. I was in the exact same situation when I was practicing for my Nov 2019 DAT. I used DAT Crusher resources and I was constantly doing poorly on the keyhole questions in practices. But on the actual test day I had a pretty easy time with keyholes and didn't find them nearly as difficult. Also ended up getting a good PAT section score :) so hang in there and keep practicing!

On 1/27/2020 at 3:36 PM, CanadianNoName said:

Hi @meowhk

I don't really have tips for you but I can give you some reassurance. I was in the exact same situation when I was practicing for my Nov 2019 DAT. I used DAT Crusher resources and I was constantly doing poorly on the keyhole questions in practices. But on the actual test day I had a pretty easy time with keyholes and didn't find them nearly as difficult. Also ended up getting a good PAT section score :) so hang in there and keep practicing!

I agree with this 100%. I also wrote the nov 2019 DAT. During prep the keyholes was definately the hardest PAT section. But it wasnt as tough as the real deal. Just solidify a method of answering the questions and apply it to the real test and it should be okay.