Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2020 - Dental School

It might be a bit early but I thought it could be a good idea to start a thread for those applying for the Irish Schools - 2020.
We should be hearing from them between mid-February and beginning of March. Let's use this thread to ask questions and share information regarding acceptance/rejection.

Good luck everybody!!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lukeghouti said:

I just received an offer for the four year program at UCC!!! Anyone else planning on accepting?

How did you hear it from? Was it directly from AB email or direct from the school? Do you know who is your admission officer (name) from AB? Sorry... so many questions lol just a little shocked that acceptances came that earlier this year! 

thanks! 

Hey guys, I just got accepted to the 4 year at UCC! I was wondering if anyone had an answer to a question I had. I heard from someone that if you go to Ireland you are not able to specialize further when returning to Canada. I was been trying to find an answer to this but haven't found much. Any info you guys know I would appreciate so much to hear!!! 

21 minutes ago, ariman1020 said:

Hey guys, I just got accepted to the 4 year at UCC! I was wondering if anyone had an answer to a question I had. I heard from someone that if you go to Ireland you are not able to specialize further when returning to Canada. I was been trying to find an answer to this but haven't found much. Any info you guys know I would appreciate so much to hear!!! 

Irish schools have a reciprocal agreement with Canadian schools. I don’t see why Canadians graduating from Irish schools would not be able to specialize when they return to Canada.

and congrats on your acceptance. Did you hear it from your admission officer directly? If yes, do you remember his/her name?

thank you.

11 minutes ago, dental0550 said:

Irish schools have a reciprocal agreement with Canadian schools. I don’t see why Canadians graduating from Irish schools would not be able to specialize when they return to Canada.

and congrats on your acceptance. Did you hear it from your admission officer directly? If yes, do you remember his/her name?

thank you.

I agree!! Thank you so much for your input I am so grateful! 

Thank you so much!! I got an email from the admissions email! I just checked and the signature at the end of the email just says "the admissions office" :)

33 minutes ago, lukeghouti said:

Congrats on your offer! I spoke to a dentist who actually went to UCC. He went there before they offered the 4 year program. I asked him all sorts of questions about coming back here and he said that you’re able to specialize like any other Canadian grad; the only caveat is that you’re not able to go to the US and specialize. Also, I asked if there was any bias when it came to hiring foreign trained dentists, he said not at all. In fact, dental offices prefer Irish grads because of the extensive clinical component that’s included in their curriculum. 

Besides all of that, do you know if there’s a Facebook group for those accepted? 

Thank you so much for your reply!! This information was so helpful! I am so happy to hear that! 

I havent seen or heard anything about a facebook group for those accepted! If I find one I will let you know! 

14 minutes ago, dental0550 said:

Has anyone got in contact with AB regarding first round of offers? Really weird that they sent out a list so early and only two people on this forum heard anything? It gotta be more people on the list if it was actually the first round of offers.

Yes I emailed Celina to inquire, and she said "UCC's GED program sent out their first round offers last week". According to her, the second round offers are now being assessed, and are expected to be sent out early next month. 

51 minutes ago, dentalkardash said:

Yes I emailed Celina to inquire, and she said "UCC's GED program sent out their first round offers last week". According to her, the second round offers are now being assessed, and are expected to be sent out early next month. 

Wow did she say how many people were invited? There is little no none movement in this year’s forum. Last year’s there were at least 15 people accepted on the first round! 

12 minutes ago, dental0550 said:

Wow did she say how many people were invited? There is little no none movement in this year’s forum. Last year’s there were at least 15 people accepted on the first round! 

No she didn't give me any numbers. She told me I wasn't assessed for first round offers because they didn't receive one of my forms until after the 1st of January. I was also expecting more people to be announcing their invites!

49 minutes ago, dentalkardash said:

No she didn't give me any numbers. She told me I wasn't assessed for first round offers because they didn't receive one of my forms until after the 1st of January. I was also expecting more people to be announcing their invites!

What form? Did you send it late or they didn’t send it on time?