Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2020 - Dental School

9 hours ago, Anatoly said:

Anyone get any offers for 5 year programs ??

Hello! 
Nothing at all. I haven’t received any emails and by now they’re almost done (usually). I finished my application by October too. I’m very surprised. I’m a teacher, 3.8 GPA, shadowed a dentist, president of two organizations, Windsor Cancer Researcher for a local hospital. I honestly don’t know what more than want. It’s crazy.  I even work in construction during the summer months, I sing and play piano. Boy oh boy this is hopeless.  

No updates, but I think offers were released already and from now until late May there will be minimal movement (waiting list, if there is one LOL).

I just found weird how very few people from this forum heard anything (maybe 5 total???). They either reduced the number of offers through AB or all applicants who got accepted are not in this forum or just do not want to share info ( I don't blame them... If I were to receive an offer I would probably post here once and then never open this forum again hahahahah)

If you get any info from AB, can you share here, please? Thank you =)

3 hours ago, dental0550 said:

No updates, but I think offers were released already and from now until late May there will be minimal movement (waiting list, if there is one LOL).

I just found weird how very few people from this forum heard anything (maybe 5 total???). They either reduced the number of offers through AB or all applicants who got accepted are not in this forum or just do not want to share info ( I don't blame them... If I were to receive an offer I would probably post here once and then never open this forum again hahahahah)

I emailed my officer -  they told me Trinity has completed their first round offers, though Cork is delaying their second round offers.

On 4/11/2020 at 9:17 AM, LeoD said:

Hello! 
Nothing at all. I haven’t received any emails and by now they’re almost done (usually). I finished my application by October too. I’m very surprised. I’m a teacher, 3.8 GPA, shadowed a dentist, president of two organizations, Windsor Cancer Researcher for a local hospital. I honestly don’t know what more than want. It’s crazy.  I even work in construction during the summer months, I sing and play piano. Boy oh boy this is hopeless.  

x

On 4/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, dental0550 said:

x

17 hours ago, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

I just wanna say,  I'm part of a group of students who were accepted to UCC; there's about 25 or 26 of us. That's to say, not everyone is posting their stats here. Hang in there, you'll make it!!

Do you know how many dental students they usually admit every year?

On 4/14/2020 at 11:26 PM, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

You seem like the perfect candidate. Why didn't you apply to Canadian schools?

Because unfortunately, in my first two years I took 4 courses a semester and two in the summer. Dental schools in Canada don’t see that as a “full course” load. The moment I would apply I would get rejected regardless of my DAT score, experience or GPA. So, some asked why don’t you apply to the states? America (although awesome) requires more pre-reqs for most schools. It would take me nearly 2 years. The CDA told me I would have to either retake my first two years to qualify for Canadian schools or take a year to a year and a half to get some pre reqs.  At that point, I said in two years I can have another degree. Which I figured would show more commitment to learning, further my education, gain work experience —all while still keeping up with my GPA, volunteer and shadow experience and extra curricular. Clearly in Ireland, it still didn’t matter. 

On 4/16/2020 at 10:56 PM, LeoD said:

Because unfortunately, in my first two years I took 4 courses a semester and two in the summer. Dental schools in Canada don’t see that as a “full course” load. The moment I would apply I would get rejected regardless of my DAT score, experience or GPA. So, some asked why don’t you apply to the states? America (although awesome) requires more pre-reqs for most schools. It would take me nearly 2 years. The CDA told me I would have to either retake my first two years to qualify for Canadian schools or take a year to a year and a half to get some pre reqs.  At that point, I said in two years I can have another degree. Which I figured would show more commitment to learning, further my education, gain work experience —all while still keeping up with my GPA, volunteer and shadow experience and extra curricular. Clearly in Ireland, it still didn’t matter. 

x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dental2020 said:

hi everyone, i just graduated from UCC dental school (grad entry 2016), if you have any relevant questions, send me a message. 

Hey! I just shot you a message if you can answer some questions that I have that would be great!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys I know this is an older thread but I can't seem to find a newer one.

What do you guys think of my chances of getting in:

- Done University
- Major: Neuroscience, Minor: Spanish
- 4 years of Academic Neuroscience research, some multi-university/ national cooperative projects
- TA for spanish
- Research assistant job for Neuroscience project
- GPA: 3.29 
- International Medical outreach volunteer experience 
- Operation smile ambassador for my university 

I know my GPA is killing me but I wanted to know your honest opinion on the chances I would have weighing in my other traits

20 hours ago, Toothguy12345 said:

Hey Guys I know this is an older thread but I can't seem to find a newer one.

What do you guys think of my chances of getting in:

- Done University
- Major: Neuroscience, Minor: Spanish
- 4 years of Academic Neuroscience research, some multi-university/ national cooperative projects
- TA for spanish
- Research assistant job for Neuroscience project
- GPA: 3.29 
- International Medical outreach volunteer experience 
- Operation smile ambassador for my university 

I know my GPA is killing me but I wanted to know your honest opinion on the chances I would have weighing in my other traits

Ireland is a mystery. Nobody knows how they assess your application. Just apply =) Good luck