Premed 101 Forums

Good Luck to All Interviewees for UBC Med 2024!!

Hey everyone!

I want to dedicate this short positive message to all interviewees who are interviewing to be (fingers crossed!) in UBC Medicine Class of 2024.  It can definitely be nerve-wracking to think your MMI is coming up within a week or two, and I'm sure many of you may be feeling anxious about it.  But I encourage you to take a step back and think of everything you've achieved to be here!  You guys have all worked so hard, from constantly editing your applications, to submitting them, to achieving the interview stage, to obtaining your reference letters, and to accomplishing all the wonderful things you have done and have been doing.  The MMI is a chance for you to shine and show them adcoms who YOU are; your confidence and success have been only some of the amazing things that have gotten you here, so accept the MMI as a challenge and prove to your interviewers how incredible you are!  Think critically, focus on your responses, and have fun!  When you truly engage yourself in each question/station and have fun with the process, you won't get distracted with anxious thoughts :).

From the bottom of my heart, I wish all of you the very best in your interviews at UBC (and other schools), and I hope you have an awesome experience.  I (and the other volunteers, I'm sure!) am looking forward to meeting some of you during the interviews and cheering you on!!

giphy.gif