Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Invites/Regrets 2020

Time Stamp: 12:37pm
Stream: English
cGPA/wGPA: 3.95/3.96

MCAT: 516 (131/126/131/128)

Current year: 4th year

ECs: Worked on 3 research projects (1 poster presentation), long term volunteering with children's cancer camp, short term hospital volunteering, academic awards, private school teacher and tutor, restaraunt server, and recording musician. Small things added as well to fill up ECs. 

Time Stamp: 12:37pm
cGPA/wGPA: 3.92

MCAT: 514 (126 cars)

Current year: gap year

ECs: Id say average ECs for what Queens interviews (interviewed last year). Seems like cars cutoff went up with the increase in applicants.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this cycle!

Time Stamp: Feb 3, 12:17pm EST

MCAT: 516 (128/129/129/130)
cGPA/2yr GPA: 3.91 (2 year)
Current year: 4th year UG
ECs: diverse and long term... was very involved in both academic (some research and awards) and non-academic endeavours (part time jobs, volunteering, athletics, school clubs, etc.)

Congrats to all those who applied, regardless of status :) 

Time Stamp: Feb 3, 12:36 EST

MCAT: 511 (127/126/129/129)
cGPA/2yr GPA: 3.82 (2 year) 
Current year: Master's 
ECs: Lots of research (including first author publications/conference presentations). Long-term volunteering in hospital settings, student leadership including advocacy work. I thought I would be strong here but perhaps my application got cut cause of the low CARS & GPA. *sigh*

Time Stamp: Feb 3

MCAT: 510 (128/126/128/129) 
cGPA/2yr GPA: 3.92 (2 year) 
Current year: Finished UG in 2016
ECs: Lots of volunteering (president of club, + exec of multiple others), hospital volunteering (direct patient interaction), manager of a non profit organization, worked with indigenous communities, piano awards, government awards, no pubs.

looks like the cut-off is 127 for CARS this year. The one year I apply to Queen's lol

Also worth noting that emails sent using MailChimp are known to get caught in spam filters, especially if you are using a school's or other institution's email address (emails might not even make their way into your inbox or junk folder). Maybe check if you can access these emails somehow.

To those still waiting: I sent Queen's an email today and they said that the applicants who applied through the MD/PhD stream will hear back about their MD invitation status today (Feb 4). If you didn't apply to MD/PhD and still haven't received an email, then I have no idea why, sorry! 

Edit: Regrets @ Jan 4, 2:23 PM 

Time Stamp: Feb 3rd, 12:17pm EST
Stream: English MD

MCAT: 525 (132/129/132/132)
cGPA/2yr GPA: 3.93 OMSAS GPA
Current year: UG Completed
ECs: Employment heavy, academic awards, one first author publication. Limited volunteering hours, so I'm a little surprised this worked out.

Really grateful for this opportunity!

21 minutes ago, dr stone said:

so apparently the interview offers/rejects have been sent out but for some reason some people (myself included) haven't received the email. So you have to call them and some lady will fix it. 

Have you been able to get through? The number goes straight to voicemail.

3 minutes ago, insidecat4 said:

yeah me too. I haven't been able to reach them as well

You actually just have to keep calling. But when I finally got through around 4:15 pm, the admin person told me to follow-up by email afterwards if required as she won't be answering the phones any longer today. :/ 

Time Stamp: Feb 3rd, 12:17pm EST (my birthday!) 

Stream: English MD

MCAT: 513 (125/130/129/130)

cGPA/2yr GPA: 3.52/3.75

Current year: UG Completed

ECs: Basically zero research, very little hospital experience, but lots of animal welfare related volunteering, two full time jobs post undergrad (one in a lab, one for the government), thousands of hours as a martial arts instructor. Honestly thought I was pretty average here but I guess not?! 

Best birthday present either. I was honestly stunned to even get an interview, and I'm so grateful for this opportunity. Best of luck to all the other interviewees! 

2 hours ago, tea-otter said:

Time Stamp: Feb 3rd, 12:17pm EST (my birthday!) 

Stream: English MD

MCAT: 513 (125/130/129/130)

cGPA/2yr GPA: 3.52/3.75

Current year: UG Completed

ECs: Basically zero research, very little hospital experience, but lots of animal welfare related volunteering, two full time jobs post undergrad (one in a lab, one for the government), thousands of hours as a martial arts instructor. Honestly thought I was pretty average here but I guess not?! 

Best birthday present either. I was honestly stunned to even get an interview, and I'm so grateful for this opportunity. Best of luck to all the other interviewees! 

Happy birthday! Dominate the f*** out of that interview. You got this.

13 hours ago, pittstealers47 said:

Have you received your status email yet? 

@pittstealers47 @insidecat4 I had trouble too. I found mine not under spam, but the "Promotions" category of my inbox. And it was a regrets for me unfortunately. All emails have been sent out, they said.

image.png.cbfb5379b26b1967f8ceb4af37377358.png

Edited by theKeytoLife
tagged another person

Time Stamp: Feb 3rd, 12:10pm EST
Stream: English MD

MCAT: 512 (126/128/128/130)
2yr GPA: 3.89
Current year: UG Completed
ECS: A little bit of everything, some research, some jobs with leadership roles, played hockey at my university. TBH I was really shocked about Queens