Premed 101 Forums
julie1996

Queens Interview Invites/Regrets 2020

Time Stamp: Feb 3rd, 12:17pm EST
Stream: English MD

MCAT: 517 (127 CARS)
2yr GPA: ~3.95
Current year: UG Completed
ECs: Some research (no pubs), working with ESL students, some competitive sports, a lot of employment, included a lot of unique hobbies, minimal clinical volunteering,  started a university club in an area I was very passionate about.

:):):):)

Edited by newguy23

Time Stamp:
 03/02/2020 - 12:37pm
Stream: English MD

MCAT: 515 (129/125/132/129)
cGPA/2yr GPA: 3.83
Current year: MSc completed in 2018, BSc in 2015, working full-time now
ECs: A variety of research in undergrad and grad school (some volunteering, some in school, and some while employed as an RA); a few conference abstracts, but no papers published; >900 hours of hospital volunteering, minimal club involvement, but some competitions (my ECs were a little lacking); supervising undergraduate students, etc.

This sucks, but my GPA is lower along with my CARS and my ECs are lacking a bit. Congrats to all the invitees! 

Time Stamp: 03/02/2020 - 12:02 PM
Stream: English

MCAT: 516 (128/128/130/130)
cGPA: 4.0
Current year: 4th year UG
ECs: Research (no pub), +700 hr clinical volunteering, exec/pres of various clubs, student government experience, competitive musician, founder of global community project organizations

Expected a fat R from Queen's anyways, maybe my EC's are lacklustre/MCAT too low/GPA too low/I will never know lol. GL y'all

Time Stamp: 10/02/2020 - phone call @ 10:40 AM EST
Stream: English

MCAT: 519 (128/129/130/132)
cGPA/2yr GPA: 2-yr GPA ~3.9
Current year: Completed masters and second undergrad
ECs: Lots of things over the years, y'all already know what you need to do.  I think getting a publication for this cycle with another in the works and working in a clinical role at a high profile institution right now probably helped. 

Needless to say I'm very excited! I didn't expect to be called off the waitlist at all and didn't even know there was one.  This is my first time posting to a thread like this but wanted to so that others can see that there is an interview waitlist and people are being called off of it.