Premed 101 Forums

MMI format 2020

Just looking for some clarification from you kind folk. What is the MMI day format this year?

Last year i see there were 7 short stations, 2 longer panel, and 1 group session. I've scoured the site and can't seem to find concrete consistent info (one page on the site is info from 2015/16).

https://cumming.ucalgary.ca/mdprogram/future-students/admissions/mmi-information

My best guess right now is that this year will be 10 short MMI stations....Thoughts?

On 2/2/2020 at 1:14 PM, medbruh said:

Most likely similar format to the last few years. 7-8 MMI stations, 2 small short panels and 1 group interview. You should be receiving an interview package in the next few weeks and it will likely outline everything 

I belive Remo said on the blog that the interview package would come out Feb 3rd, so I imagine any day now.

EDIT: double checked and I'm mistaken.

6 hours ago, Andonwards said:

From what I’ve heard, the interviewers interview both the morning and the afternoon group. 
Is this true?

I’m wondering if their fatigue would affect the scoring. 
What do you guys think?

I would think given their contemporaneous experience with the MMI process and actual interviewees, they would be in an excellent position to judge you!

8 hours ago, Andonwards said:

From what I’ve heard, the interviewers interview both the morning and the afternoon group. 
Is this true?

I’m wondering if their fatigue would affect the scoring. 
What do you guys think?

Think more about what time of the day will work best for you in terms of your personal performance in the morning vs afternoon. Don't worry about things that are outside of your control anyway.