Premed 101 Forums

Join us! The Pre-Medicine Diversity Symposium is an annual UBC faculty-sponsored event designed to encourage people from all walks of life to apply to medical school. This event is tailored to applicants who consider themselves ‘non-traditional’ for reasons that may include having a non-science background, applying later in life, having children and family, having financial or personal hardship, or belonging to a demographic underrepresented in medicine. There will be events at all 4 sites in BC - Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria & Prince George.

FB event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/506704993595930/

Google Form RSVP (this confirms your registration):
https://forms.gle/Rkgm2exxU4RaQTWi6

84935682_10156703248395264_1007848860946530304_o.jpg

I'd be more interested in an online faculty-sponsored online website that goes through and addresses everything this conference aims to do (and more).

I wonder how much of this post is "preaching to the choir" — I imagine that most people on these forums are already very interested (and actively pursuing) admission into medical school.

Hi there!

We are definitely advertising beyond this forum and are trying to capture as many individuals as possible. This is just one place we are sharing the event - partly because in our own experiences, and in those of many of our colleagues who would describe their journeys as non-traditional, many people have checked these forums for information as they applied.

Thank you for the suggestion of a faculty-sponsored website specifically for this issue - we can pass that along!

• 3 weeks later...