Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2020 Applications DISCUSSION THREAD

30 minutes ago, yungpablo said:

I know this is hard for all of us, but stay patient and take into consideration how busy the admin is right now with everything going on. Easier said than done, but try your best :)

FYI im a 4th year undergrad who has not heard back yet, 3.97 wGPA

Lol I called them the other day and they said this is their normal timeline

7 minutes ago, Nik- said:

I love the long wait. I'm just picturing admissions reading my short answers and thinking "Wow! How could someone with such a low gpa write such great answers? Let's give him an invite"

It's my first time not being rejected by the end of January hahah

did you get an invite last year ?? 

16 hours ago, LastOneStanding said:

Why can't they reject everyone at the same time. Whats the point of holding on to the Rs for hundreds of people. Waitlist is something along the lines of 50 people!

Don't tell me they have not finished going through all apps yet! 10 days remaining to last interview day!

There is no transparency or regard for our time as applicants. 

I'm just so angry about this. Not only do we have to deal with all the uncertainty of this COVID situation but U of T is also waiting until the very last possible minute to let us know. How can our applications still be "in consideration"? Just another disappointment :/ sorry for the rant, i'm just so tired of all of this

EDIT: didn't someone call/e-mail and say they will let us know by Wednesday?

13 minutes ago, dooogs said:

I'm just so angry about this. Not only do we have to deal with all the uncertainty of this COVID situation but U of T is also waiting until the very last possible minute to let us know. How can our applications still be "in consideration"? Just another disappointment :/ sorry for the rant, i'm just so tired of all of this

EDIT: didn't someone call/e-mail and say they will let us know by Wednesday?

On Monday they emphasized "most likely by Wednesday" but then also said throughout the week. Lol I'm pretty sure most of us are R's or waitlisted for people who would decline to interview. Don't see there being more than 1 or 2 people who cancel seeing as there are no travel arrangements to make now. I agree this is fairly disappointing, although kind of expected for such a large school.

5 minutes ago, 88risingsun said:

On Monday they emphasized "most likely by Wednesday" but then said also throughout the week. Lol I'm pretty sure most of us are R's or waitlisted for people who would decline to interview. Don't see there being more than 1 or 2 people who cancel seeing as there are no travel arrangements to make now. I agree this is fairly disappointing, although kind of expected for such a large school.

I agree. I'm generally quite sanguine when it comes to waiting til the last minute, but at this point, it wouldn't make any sense to still have more interview spots to fill.

I don't think it's healthy for us to expect anything other than a rejection. So long, UofT.

Though optimist that I am, I do think that for everyone who's made it to this point, it likely means that we have the qualifications to interview, and that an alternate assortment of adcoms might have selected some of us to interview. We're all qualified, but there is a necessary arbitrariness to the selection process. At least I think so.