Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2020 Applications DISCUSSION THREAD

So I just called and they said theyre not cancelling. Like others mentioned before, they said we are likely to hear back at the end of this week or early next week. I was also told that they are currently evaluating their options and are aware of what other schools are doing. They will update us by early next week. 

Seriously I do not think 200 people doing interviews would increase the chances of getting the virus significantly, if anything I think it just adds to the element of public panic. As long as they mention that they would compensate for people who might feel the symptoms and encourage everyone to stay safe and attend hospitals if they feel they are infected, there is no need to cancel or switch to online interviews.

5 minutes ago, LastOneStanding said:

Seriously I do not think 200 people doing interviews would increase the chances of getting the virus significantly, if anything I think it just adds to the element of public panic. As long as they mention that they would compensate for people who might feel the symptoms and encourage everyone to stay safe and attend hospitals if they feel they are infected, there is no need to cancel or switch to online interviews.

Yeah it’s literally just one weekend for an hour.. maybe they can just cancel the tours and other stuff that happens on interview day

7 minutes ago, LastOneStanding said:

I would have been inclined to agree with you a few weeks ago, but considering that it has a high mortality rate in seniors and with reports that apparently people can be asymptomatic carriers, I would have to kindly disagree. 

14 minutes ago, LastOneStanding said:

You have to remember that the people administering the interviews are often health care professionals. They come into contact with someone who has the virus, that could get spread to their patients, likely from the vulnerable population groups. 

14 hours ago, HugeEuge said:

You have to remember that the people administering the interviews are often health care professionals. They come into contact with someone who has the virus, that could get spread to their patients, likely from the vulnerable population groups. 

yup, and if they are exposed and have to self-quarantine themselves for weeks removing vital health care resources at a time when we need to have as much capacity as possible.

Edited by rmorelan

7 minutes ago, HopelessMD said:

Do we think interviews are gonna be released today? Or will there be a delay due to all the COVID-19 madness...

The latter. I'd expect something next week, if at all. Obviously none of us have any idea what's exactly going on, but UofT just cancelled classes. They have more important things to worry about than applications right now.