Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2020 Applications DISCUSSION THREAD

38 minutes ago, TheWayIAre said:

I hate to be a negative nancy but I don't think the admissions committee is even at work right now, much less deliberating the status of our applications. They already have more than enough interviewees to comprise a solid class of students, I doubt they're going to inivite anymore. I've made my peace with a rejection.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

24 minutes ago, mdplsacceptme said:

I'm thinking the same thing...still not sure why they can't send out rejections though...even a computer can do that for them

I called today and the guy said more invites should be sent by the end of today or maybe tomorrow LOL

Let's see what actually happens though...

2 hours ago, inkbat said:

correct me if i’m wrong but.... today is monday? lol

It is ahahaha that was so dumb, just feels like I got robbed of my weekend doing nothing so it’s Sunday part 2, you feel? 
But I may have angered the interview gods cause I just got slapped with an R a few moments ago while I thought it was Sunday before I even saw your reply. It all felt too prophetic. At least now we know and aren’t holding our breath any longer.

20 minutes ago, ChocolateMed said:

Just called them. They said emails will be sent out throughout this week. The majority of the emails will be sent out today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. I asked if the delay was due to COVID-19, and he said that this is the normal timeline for them. 

this is both invite and reject? 

1 minute ago, TheWayIAre said:

Less than 2 weeks to the last interview day, admissions office is closed, rejection waves are already coming out...

There's no possible way there are still more interview invites to go around. I'd be glad to be wrong, but I think it's over...

I think the definite end is by Wednesday evening this week (which is supposedly what the ad coms said). If we don't hear back by then assume it is an R, because this Friday (Mar 20) they will have a practice for ALL applicants to test the interview technology. Womp womp

1 hour ago, TheWayIAre said:

Less than 2 weeks to the last interview day, admissions office is closed, rejection waves are already coming out...

There's no possible way there are still more interview invites to go around. I'd be glad to be wrong, but I think it's over...

if this was the case they would've sent all regrets out yesterday.... not sure why they would wait to send R's knowing the office is going to be closed. i could be wrong too though

edit- still waiting- gap year, no masters with 3.9 gpa 

3 minutes ago, mdplsacceptme said:

if this was the case they would've sent all regrets out yesterday.... not sure why they would wait to send R's knowing the office is going to be closed. i could be wrong too though

I think the office is closed in the sense that they are working from home. So phone calls will not be attended. Otherwise the interviewees for March 28/29 would not have received an email today in regards to the online interviews if the office was not doing any work. So emails to those still waiting *could* come out today. 

I contacted admissions by email and they replied saying that interview invites and refusals are continuing to be sent out this week, and that they may continue email invitations during the week leading up to the interview date. If you haven't heard back yet your application is still under consideration... Ugh such a long wait...

FYI if it matters at all, I'm a grad applicant with a 3.8+ GPA.