Premed 101 Forums

Research Experience for PT?

I wouldn't say it puts you at a disadvantage at all. However having research experience is never a bad thing. What I did to get research experience is email profs that I had classes with to see if they had any spots for a undergraduate research directed study.  This way I got research experience while at the same time getting credits towards graduation and GPA. It was really tough academically (doing classes+ doing research simultaneously) but it worked out. 

7 hours ago, maybePT said:

This way I got research experience while at the same time getting credits towards graduation and GPA.

My program offers research practicum courses but as far as I'm aware, some PT programs don't count them towards your GPA. Has this impacted your application at all? 

1 hour ago, kinfused said:

My program offers research practicum courses but as far as I'm aware, some PT programs don't count them towards your GPA. Has this impacted your application at all? 

I have applied to UBC and it has not impacted my application as I received an interview invite. UBC doesnt look at them. that being said, its not easy to score high in these classes and professors will tell you that up front