Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Saba

2020 UofT Dental school Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Censored said:

Alright actually, I am not 100% sure on this. Could be either. Best bet is to drop the course if u think it has a potential of going below 3.0

it was unfortunately last semester ugh!!! i'll call on monday to confirm, but based on the term "annual gpa" as well as reading past years forums, it seems to be about the year gpa and not individual course. hopefully this is the case or else im screwed lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cincotres said:

Waitlist 

GPA: 3.89

DAT: 21 AA, 21 PAT

Can anyone comment on how much waitlist movement there generally is? 

There was a post somewhere which I can't find right now that showed it's generally at least 20 but sometimes near 40. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lazerhawk said:

Reject

24 AA

23 PAT

4.3 GPA

Don’t give up. Let yourself feel sad for a minute then try to use this rejection as fuel to reapply again next year. Think about how you could improve your interview next year, your stats are fine. Many people apply multiple times before they get in keep your head up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted

GPA: 3.9

24 AA/ 24 PAT

Edit:

I honestly felt like my interview went pretty poorly. I could think of so many other things I could've added after I left, but overall I think I was able to show my personality and thankfully that was enough. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, nasar021 said:

it was unfortunately last semester ugh!!! i'll call on monday to confirm, but based on the term "annual gpa" as well as reading past years forums, it seems to be about the year gpa and not individual course. hopefully this is the case or else im screwed lol

I called them to double check and they said your offer is conditional upon a 3.0 average not a 3.0 in every course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

34 minutes ago, GreyShirt said:

Accepted

GPA: 3.99

AA/PAT: 24/22

interview was very conversational, answers weren't too long/I wasn't rambling on and on

took a gap year

did you receive the acceptance on the 28th? When is the deadline for the deposit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone got it yet. I called them the other day and they said it will be sent in mid April. 

However, I have another question. Do you guys know how will the Pass/Fail grading system that some schools are using now will impact the GPA consideration for UofT? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FlyingFlamingo said:

I don't think anyone got it yet. I called them the other day and they said it will be sent in mid April. 

However, I have another question. Do you guys know how will the Pass/Fail grading system that some schools are using now will impact the GPA consideration for UofT? 

Best bet is to ask the school directly but I'm sure they won't have an answer just yet. They will probably be very accommodating as long as you passed all the courses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, toothurty said:

Best bet is to ask the school directly but I'm sure they won't have an answer just yet. They will probably be very accommodating as long as you passed all the courses. 

do u know if this will include the pre-requisite courses as well? 

I just wanna know what u guys think cause they haven't responded to my emails regarding the whole corona pandemic situation !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...