Premed 101 Forums

Difference between interview waitlist and rejection?

Hello there, 

I deleted my McMaster interview email eons ago (and it is no longer in my trash as it was over 30 days ago) as I was under the impression I was rejected, however now I think I recall reading something about possibly being contacted if there were any vacancies come up... I don’t know if this is just wishful thinking but I was wondering if someone who was waitlisted could tell me what their email said?

thank you so much!!

Your application for the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine, McMaster University has been assessed and we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for an interview. However, your name has been placed on the interview Wait List.

Should an applicant decline his/her interview, we will offer the interview spot to an applicant on the wait list, in rank order. If a place becomes available, you will be contacted by email and/or phone using the contact information provided on your OMSAS application. If you wish to update your contact information, please fax ...........