Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance letter release date?

2 hours ago, Chels1267 said:

As businesses/schools close around us I'm beginning to think there's no avoiding that, we might be in for a really long haul everyone. 

I really hope this is not true :( I feel as if we have been waiting for so long! I wish we just had some notice or update to what to expect. However, obviously they’re busy and a lot is going on. 

Morning everybody :) I created an actual account out of sheer desperation, I don't really have anything good to say except I'm glad I have these posts to read each day, as a non-trad applicant I don't have any friends who are going through this with me so having an online forum and hearing everyone else echo my anxieties has been nice. Really hoping admissions will take pity on us and release the letters ASAP, each day is getting more challenging especially with all my ECs cancelled, I've had way too much time to refresh my email!!!  

1 hour ago, Jessletmein said:

Morning everybody :) I created an actual account out of sheer desperation, I don't really have anything good to say except I'm glad I have these posts to read each day, as a non-trad applicant I don't have any friends who are going through this with me so having an online forum and hearing everyone else echo my anxieties has been nice. Really hoping admissions will take pity on us and release the letters ASAP, each day is getting more challenging especially with all my ECs cancelled, I've had way too much time to refresh my email!!!  

I'm in the same boat @jessletmein, haven't used this account in months but sitting here cooped up at home has got me resetting my passoword and joining the fray. Goodluck everyone

1 minute ago, med1day said:

April when? They could at least tell us that. What if Dal closes and then what? 

I totally feel your frustrations :/ but I’m sure they don’t have an definite answers at this point. These are extraordinary times, I’m just glad they let us know they are being delayed instead of keeping us in the dark. 

Happy for the update, but at this point I feel like my excitement has been siphoned away from me. There’s a lot going on because of COVID-19,  and I really can’t blame them for delaying it, but at the same time there’s just been so much pint up excitement for March and I feel like now seeing the letters in April isn’t even a certainty.

19 minutes ago, Anaik said:

Happy for the update, but at this point I feel like my excitement has been siphoned away from me. There’s a lot going on because of COVID-19,  and I really can’t blame them for delaying it, but at the same time there’s just been so much pint up excitement for March and I feel like now seeing the letters in April isn’t even a certainty.

Yeah I feel you. We submitted our applications like 7 months ago, the wait has been ridiculously long

Having said that I am also happy they are taking their time as it tells me that they take their procedures seriously. I would hate to think they rush themselves and make mistakes with the scoring and people who deserve to be admitted are not 

Nothing to do but to wait! I hope the admissions people are in good spirits and not stressing themselves out, they have families and obligations too 

Hang in there everyone! You’ve waited around 4 months this cycle already since interviews. This is just a bump in the road. You’ll be in the class of 2024 soon enough. :)

All hands are on deck for the current classes to my knowledge, organizing how we are going to finish the year online - very challenging with lots of moving parts. Unfortunately we are missing out on all clinical activities for the remainder of the term.

We are all suffering, prospective students and current students, but we are in it together. :)