Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance letter release date?

6 minutes ago, Goldfish123 said:

Does anyone know if they release average scores for each section when the decision letters come out? That way you can try to establish where you might be on the waitlist?

In the past they've given averages for each applicant pool, however last year they gave averages for all applicants accepted. So yes, in some form they do report average scores.

30 minutes ago, Anaik said:

I heard rumours from one of the students that applications are all done being scored.. not sure if that means decisions are made up yet necessarily. Also not sure how reliable the information is as I’m not sure how involved the students are in the process aside from interviewing 

Oh really? Thanks @Anaik! I wonder if problems have arisen.. its making me anxious :( 

1 hour ago, treasurer said:

Oh really? Thanks @Anaik! I wonder if problems have arisen.. its making me anxious :( 

Again, not sure how true it is! But I’m assuming it takes a bit to assign Z scores, flag everyone as accepted, wait listed or rejected, probably verify it all and send the letters. I think covid has just delayed the whole process of it

I have been following this thread for awhile now but thought I would make a post because I am also anxiously waiting until April for the decision letters to be sent out. Over the past couple days I have had two references say they were contacted, one by email and one by phone. Not sure what this means in terms of an acceptance, but at least is shows they are still working on things! Hope that helps. 

2 hours ago, shel2323 said:

I have been following this thread for awhile now but thought I would make a post because I am also anxiously waiting until April for the decision letters to be sent out. Over the past couple days I have had two references say they were contacted, one by email and one by phone. Not sure what this means in terms of an acceptance, but at least is shows they are still working on things! Hope that helps. 

It's kind of crazy to me that it's the end of March and they're still trying to contact verifiers, must have been a delay with that as well pre-corona? 

2 hours ago, shel2323 said:

Thanks for sharing this with us! Quick question, were any of your verifiers contacted before. For example, in January?

11 minutes ago, treasurer said:

Thanks for sharing this with us! Quick question, were any of your verifiers contacted before. For example, in January?

Yes another one was contacted in January. I thought it was crazy that they were contacting them this late too, I figured the results would be done and they just had to send out the emails. But if they are still checking verifiers, that could be why they delayed until April? 

5 hours ago, shel2323 said:

Oh wow. I’m a little worried now, I’ve told mine they won’t be contacted after February but here we are lol. Two of mine were contacted in December, hoping that’s the extent they’ll verify for me haha

As dal states on their website they contact them from Nov-Feb, they should’ve sent an email letting us know verifiers may still be contacted!

1 hour ago, andnowmywatchbegins said:

I just need to express my frustration: the lockdown makes the extra wait even more unbearable. That is all. Keeping busy makes you distracted and the wait easier but I’m finding it hard to stay busy...please. release. soon. Thank you

March has gone by slower than December, January and February combined