Premed 101 Forums

2020 uoft dentistry waitlist

17 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

Has anyone been able to get a hold of the admissions office? Their line seems to be closed. I'm assuming they are working from home, but its hard to believe they wouldn't inform us on their voicemail of alternative routes to contact them.

I think they’re still responding to emails. I don’t think there are other ways to reach them at the moment 

15 hours ago, CoolJellyBean said:

Does anyone know how much the waitlist has moved so far? Last I checked (which was about 2 weeks ago) was 5 spots! I think a few schools have released acceptances now, so was just wondering if it moved at all (fingers crossed!!!)

That's actually a lot for around this time. I don't think western has even had their interviews yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CoolJellyBean said:

If there isn't any movement now, does that mean its barely going to move during the summer? When does most movement happen? :(

I believe most movement will start to happen after next week. This is when med students have to choose which program they will be attending and the ones on the waitlist for med will see if they got in or not. This could extend into late June as all schools will start to finalize their class. 

Being on the waitlist sucks, I know, but just be patient, stay positive and hope for the best. Keep your mind occupied or else you will drive yourself insane worrying about waitlist movement. It's still really early lots of movement left to happen. Even after med acceptances there are still people that don't drop their spots until the very end of the summer because they are either too lazy or want to keep their options open lol. If only dental schools had a centralized application system like med schools do...

• 2 weeks later...