Premed 101 Forums

2020 uoft dentistry waitlist

Has anyone been able to get a hold of admissions (phone or email) to find out how much the waitlist has moved? Also has anyone gotten off the waitlist since the admissions people have started working from home? I'm just curious if they're still sending out acceptances as they're out of office. :( 

On 3/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, KLL said:

DAT: 21 AA / 20 PAT 

GPA: 3.93 (last year dropped - I finished my Biology degree in May 2019).

Interview felt average.  

I did not get an interview at Schulich, so I am really hoping that I get off this waitlist. 

UPDATE: I got off the waitlist on March 16th. 

24 minutes ago, HouseBunny said:

Hey guys, is there any waitlist movement at all? Western has had a lot of movement but i dont think uoft is getting as much :(

I'm not sure if uoft's waitlist is moving at all.. Although a couple of people have withdrawn their offers, just havent heard of anyone get off the waitlist which is kind of odd..

1 hour ago, enamel said:

I'm not sure if uoft's waitlist is moving at all.. Although a couple of people have withdrawn their offers, just havent heard of anyone get off the waitlist which is kind of odd..

Really? People have withdrawn their offers? How many do you know? thats soo weird

4 hours ago, HouseBunny said:

Really? People have withdrawn their offers? How many do you know? thats soo weird

Well I mean two people posted above saying offers are being withdrawn. I'm just unsure why we're not hearing about people getting off the waitlist. Idk maybe theyre just not posting... 

I wonder how positive these news are for the people still on the waitlist. Movement of 20 sounds like a lot and I wonder if there will be more movement. Any idea how much the movement was around this time of last year? What about how many people got off the waitlist in total last year / the year before?

I don't want to give anyone false hope but this seems like a good waitlist year to me. Waitlist has already moved 20 spots and there's still 2 months of summer left. In my year most of the waitlist movement happened after the second deposit was due in early August and total movement ended up being in the early 30s. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...