Premed 101 Forums

Are Dalhousie interview invites out ?

3 minutes ago, jamiek said:

Decision made literally means they have reviewed you file and made a decision. That could mean either interview invite or rejection. Either way they have looked at your file!

Thank you. I understand that, and I was just sharing what my application says.

The question is why they would update the application status to “decision made” without an email disclosing the decision made.

24 minutes ago, Coco beans said:

Thank you. I understand that, and I was just sharing what my application says.

The question is why they would update the application status to “decision made” without an email disclosing the decision made.

My response was not directly to you, just a general response to calm some nerves, ie it doesn't mean rejection. From my experience, the status updates come before the email distribution for some reason.

1 hour ago, pinkelephant said:

Would the release of February DAT results also contribute to the delay in Dal interview invites?

I don't think they use Feb DAT results. This is what the website says

"By February 1 of your entry year, you must complete the Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) through the Canadian Dental Association DAT or American Dental Association DAT."

16 minutes ago, jamiek said:

I don't think they use Feb DAT results. This is what the website says

"By February 1 of your entry year, you must complete the Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) through the Canadian Dental Association DAT or American Dental Association DAT."

In the January update email they said, "DAT Scores are due February 1 (unless you do the DAT in February – you would submit the results when available)."

3 minutes ago, pinkelephant said:

In the January update email they said, "DAT Scores are due February 1 (unless you do the DAT in February – you would submit the results when available)."

Oh I see, I guess that could be the reason for delayed invites! 

1 hour ago, idcwhatubcthinks said:

I applied through AADSAS, where do you guys check the status of your application?

I applied through there as well and you are suppose to see status updates, mine still says none. We don't get email updates that those who applied directly get.

8 minutes ago, toothfairy37 said:

I got rejected with 4.0 GPA last 2 years, and 96 biochem, 92 physiology, 86 microbio. I really thought I would get an interivew at least :( 

I'm so sorry to hear that :( are you IP or OOP?

You also mentioned last week that your status was "Incomplete items outstanding". Could this be the reason?

4 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that :( are you IP or OOP?

You also mentioned last week that your status was "Incomplete items outstanding". Could this be the reason?

The status changed to "decision made" sometime last week. And I thought I was IP since I have lived in NS for a year now on my gap year, but they may have changed the residency requirements to have the cutoff of one year to December 1st 2019 I read somewhere, but I don't know for sure what they considered me :/

3 minutes ago, toothfairy37 said:

The status changed to "decision made" sometime last week. And I thought I was IP since I have lived in NS for a year now on my gap year, but they may have changed the residency requirements to have the cutoff of one year to December 1st 2019 I read somewhere, but I don't know for sure what they considered me :/

I know OOP is very competitive so that could explain it. I don't know the requirements to be considered IP. You could try asking Jo-Anne.

8 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

I know OOP is very competitive so that could explain it. I don't know the requirements to be considered IP. You could try asking Jo-Anne.

Yes that would explain a lot if it is the case. I plan to contact her to go over my application but she said to wait until after June 1st since they're busy now. 

2 hours ago, toothfairy37 said:

Yes that would explain a lot if it is the case. I plan to contact her to go over my application but she said to wait until after June 1st since they're busy now. 

I have a 3.99 and it says in my email "If you decide to re-apply, you should be aware that the most significant factors in competition for places are a student’s academic standing in recent university studies and in the higher level prerequisite courses (physiology, biochemistry and microbiology) for entrance to dentistry. " I guess the competition for OOP is just very high... 

Edited by DentKoolKid
wrong info