Premed 101 Forums

Are Dalhousie interview invites out ?

On 4/24/2020 at 8:57 PM, DN23 said:

Does anyone have any advice for the interview? Also, have you sent in your references yet? Are they still required?

I asked Jo-Anne about references and she told me "I do not believe we are requesting references this year.  If anything changes, you will be notified."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Maggiie19 said:

Do they usually send out acceptances or rejections first? And does the subject line give it away?

they usually send it via mail not email. I don't know if that is still the case this year with COVID and delivery is delayed pretty much everywhere. 

Last year people told me they received their letter through mail and if they email the admissions office they received it via email but generic without your name and they tell you that the letter you receive through the mail will be specifically addressed to you. I think this only applies to In province applicants, i doubt they would mail letters to OOP of international applicants, 

31 minutes ago, dental12345 said:

Last year I got a rejection with that exact email, but then the PDF says the decision. I got the one in the mail quite a bit later, but was formal with my name on it.

so maybe they do both? Send an email and a physical copy. Anyone have any idea on when the decisions will be out ? Did anyone try to contact Jo-Anne or the admissions office?

20 minutes ago, Mel96 said:

so maybe they do both? Send an email and a physical copy. Anyone have any idea on when the decisions will be out ? Did anyone try to contact Jo-Anne or the admissions office?

I only got physical mail last year for wait list. As for the decision, one of the emails said early or mid June if I remember correctly

I thought we could maybe share our results/stats for future reference. There’s not a lot of information out there for Dal DDS and I know it would have helped me when I first started looking into Dal. So I made a new thread for stats! Please feel free to go add your result/stats :)