Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MD_Dream97

The possibility of cancelling/modifying the interviews?

Hi all, 

I'm an OOP applicant. McMaster MMI's got cancelled and so did Calgary's MMI. A few other schools now offer the interviews online. I know Saskatchewan hasn't had even one case of corona yet but given the fact that the interviewees can come from all over the country and even maybe internationally, this MMI may actually be the start of corona in Saskatchewan. Do you guys think it's likely that they cancel the interview or switch to an online panel instead like many other schools?

I've already bought my ticket to Saskatoon but can still cancel my hotel reservation. I honestly don't know what to expect. 

As of right now MMI's are a go at the U of S, with some extra precautions.  We announced our 2nd case of COVID-19 today. Based on what I've heard I would prepare for a potential in-person interview as well as an online interview if the need arises.  Having said that, I would be surprised if something didn't change between now and next week.

U of S sent those emails confirming attendance before the University cancelled classes. I think it's a real possibility that MMI's will be adjusted or cancelled because of this, especially if they already have been at both McMaster and UofC. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next week. I'm an IP but I live OOP in Vancouver, where there are quite a few cases, so travel and the airport are something I'd like to avoid if it's an option.

Considering they stopped all UofS classes it's reasonable to assume they're going to cancel an event that brings OOP from infected areas like BC or Ontario into a tightly packed gathering like the MMI. I'm just curious how they're going to handle this when the MMI is 50% for IP and a whopping 100% for OOP. 

Just got an email from U of S with a video link explaining that in-person MMIs are cancelled and they will be moving to a virtual format next weekend. Keep an eye out on emails for more information I guess! We're also moving from 8 stations to 4 with 4 assessors so this could be interesting!