Premed 101 Forums

2 hours ago, Dr.Heisenberg said:

I'm not sure if this is good or bad news. Shorter means less room for mistakes. Messing up on just one or two stations will be detrimental. I wonder if they'll change the weighting. 50% is too heavy for a short interview

100% for OOPs :(

12 hours ago, Dr.Heisenberg said:

I'm not sure if this is good or bad news. Shorter means less room for mistakes. Messing up on just one or two stations will be detrimental. I wonder if they'll change the weighting. 50% is too heavy for a short interview

Where did you get that the interview is/was weighted 50%? I thought Sask didn't release that info!

Never mind, found it! Page 15 if anyone's curious: https://medicine.usask.ca/documents/ugme/admission/Applicant-Information-Document-for-Entry-2020.pdf

100% MMI for OOP, fml

1 hour ago, HoneyCruller said:

Was there any other updates regarding the online interview? I haven't heard anything yet, and the last update I got was the Youtube video. 

Same. I'm getting a bit worried and anxious considering how close the interviews are...

They will for sure get back to us today or tomorrow sometime. Mentally preparing myself for the virtual mmi to go on as planned at our regular times but also preparing for the possibility that they were not logistically able to make a reliable and quality online mmi platform in a week, which is understandable. If thats the case they will simply postpone the mmi’s. Im sure they just want to make sure everything is ready to go before they announce anything more. On the brightside the more time they take the more the time they have towards creating an mmi that will do its job

1 hour ago, Fanofmed said:

They will for sure get back to us today or tomorrow sometime. Mentally preparing myself for the virtual mmi to go on as planned at our regular times but also preparing for the possibility that they were not logistically able to make a reliable and quality online mmi platform in a week, which is understandable. If thats the case they will simply postpone the mmi’s. Im sure they just want to make sure everything is ready to go before they announce anything more. On the brightside the more time they take the more the time they have towards creating an mmi that will do its job

I couldn’t agree more. Thank you for the replies. 

1 hour ago, coffeeandmed said:

Same. I'm getting a bit worried and anxious considering how close the interviews are...

1 hour ago, Fanofmed said:

I couldn’t agree more. Thank you for the replies. 

Hi everyone! regarding the email received today with instructions...."Do not take any notes"....anyone else freaking out about this!? assuming they mean you can't even write down your own thoughts during the 3 min we have? I have been practicing writing things down during this whole prep...not ideal :(

10 hours ago, littleappythatcould said:

Hi everyone! regarding the email received today with instructions...."Do not take any notes"....anyone else freaking out about this!? assuming they mean you can't even write down your own thoughts during the 3 min we have? I have been practicing writing things down during this whole prep...not ideal :(

That's a good question...I would suggest asking when you write your confirmation email. UBC didn't allow writing during the prep time. Definitely harder, but not impossible!!